• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4C @ 3550MHz (296FSB!) ON AIR!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fhpchris

I played with my Extra Mushkin PC3500 Level II Black, and took my OCZ PC4000EL out.

The pics speak for them selves.
3-2-2.jpg

3-2-3.jpg

Easier to read pictures:
3-2-4.jpg

3-2-5.jpg

2.4C, 295FSB
1.71Vcore (overvolted by Epox 4PCA3+)
Memmory at 3:2, 394MHz,Cas 2-2-2-5 and 2.8V.
on a Zalman-7000CU@2200RPM.!

What do you guys think?

Edit: for my dumb self typing the wrong FSB!

where'd you get that memory? I think I'm going to RMA my OCZ in my sig for some Mushkin Black Level 2 PC3500.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but your ram is doing 197 - so that's well within reach of any pc3200 stuff. Are you impressed with the cpu or the ram? I'd have to say your cpu is the better of the two.

TC said:
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but your ram is doing 197 - so that's well within reach of any pc3200 stuff. Are you impressed with the cpu or the ram? I'd have to say your cpu is the better of the two.

I had the same problem as Amino. I had to get rid of the OCZ and replaced it with Kingston KHX3200. It gave me another 15Mhz on the FSB. I think it was CH-5 ram and wouldn't like to go over 275FSB with either 3:2 or 5:4.

TC said:

It's not well within reach. I couldn't pass 260(regardless of dividers or timings) w/ Hyper-x 3500. I've hit 303 w/ pc3200 Mushkin and it's what stopped me for now. Waiting on Mushkin pc 3500 currently.

Great oc! pm me if you get stuck @ 300. I got stuck there and now have some insight.

I did not try to stress the memmory, I only wanted to see what it would do. I can run 3.3V through the memmory, so I was not worried about how fast the memmory would go. I did not have a floppy to throw memtest on. I do not have superPi, 3dmark, or sandra loaded.

I got my RAM off mushkin's website with the SUMMERDDR discount.

Although It says 1.6 Vcore I think that it is wrong. The 1.45 setting overvolts to ~1.7 in the bios.

I run it at 5:4 271FSB everyday. The chip will do 300, but it will not boot all the way into Windows.

Cooling is holding me back. I get 50-52ºC at idle.

I've had similar results with my SL6Z3 2.4C. It'll do 297 FSB stable and I can get into Windows with 300 FSB and grab a CPU-Z screen shot using my cheap Kingston HyperX PC3000 RAM with the 3:2 ratio. So, I figure it'll be easy to run my Corsair PC4000 Pro at 5:4 ratio, right? WRONG! So, I try using my OCZ PC3500 EL RAM and still no go even using the 3:2 ratio. Out of my three pairs of RAM, the only one that will allow me to go above 280 FSB is the Kingston with BH-5 chips. Weird.

I'm posting my CPU-Z screenie again because I love seeing that 300 FSB.

M0-cpuz-cpu-3600.bmp

I find it really surprising that alot of people are having probs running hi-fsb with brand name memory... I suspect the memory employing the adata chips are having far less trouble running 1-1 with hi-fsb. i base this on my experience with my pc4000 which uses the adata pc4000 chips. both of my sticks are capable of over 290+ 1-1.

Back