• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.75 gb out of 4 gb ram installed! (old ddr2 pc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is the board. You NEED to update the bios to fix it.
http ://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Jetway/Jetway-945GCM2S-A2-6H-BIOS-A02.shtml
It is part of this bios update. ;)

Please don't link to a BIOS of all things on a third-party site when the file is readily available directly from Jetway's site (and was already linked in post #7 by Blaylock).

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the BIOS is simply not reporting to Windows properly.

or

Try this. Open msconfig (run/msconfig) and click on the Boot tab then on the Advanced options button. Make sure that the 'Maximum memory' box is not checked.

:sly: What difference does that make?
Report the post if you think I did something wrong.

because bios from third party sites can be malicious and install third party junk like adware.

also see if the gpu is one of those that is "1gb" but is 2gb using system memory for the rest. also check video settings in the bios to make sure that the onboard gpu isnt using a bunch of memory that it doesnt need to be.

I'm willing to bet the BIOS is simply not reporting to Windows properly.

or

Try this. Open msconfig (run/msconfig) and click on the Boot tab then on the Advanced options button. Make sure that the 'Maximum memory' box is not checked.

Tried the msconfig thing already. No luck.

Back