• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8c dead????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daewood

here is what happened i woke up clicked the power button and the computer starts like normal since every day since april 29...

i check my mail then go to get some breakfast and the comp was running fine when i left temps were roughly 45-47c with boinc S@H running i come back and walk in to my room and the cclfs are off, the fans are not spinning, the power led is blinking, and the monitor has no picture so i unplug the power cord wait for about 1 minute then plug it back in and click the power button, the fans spin up, the ccfl's light, and the power led does not light, then all of the sudden the fan master cpu temp alarm starts blaring, so i look at it and the cpu temp says 85c :confused: so i reach in and make sure the heatsink is mounted properly and the heatsink is warm but not hot (could have had time to cool down while i was out getting breakfast) and there is still no picture on the monitor...

then i looked at the 4 diagnostic leds on the back and they are all red so i flip through the mobo manual and i find this "- The D-LED will hang here if the processor is damaged or not installed properly" WTF???

this is on a non-overclocked processor at default everything including voltage

but, i did notice that the temps went up about 4 or 5 c in the last month or so and i shrugged it off because the ac is off and the heater is on

does anyone have any idea what could have happened

I would say take out the chip clean it up a bit same with the socket its in then put it all back together carefully and maybe that will fix things. Hope its not dead m8.

the heatsink fan is a brandnew vantec tornado and it was working when i left

and besides if it is dead i have a 3 year waranty from intel because it is only 6 months or so old

have a play around with it swap hardware etc see what you can do, if not take cmos out, and rebuild pc as UndyingClocker. still no go try the cpu in another pc.

Good Luck

Back