• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 cases 1 PC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rounder24

Hey I was wondering there have been some people that have utilized 2 computer cases for 1 pc. I did some searching but only found people trying to run 2 setups from 1 case.

I've never really been satisfited with some of the cases that I've bought and don't have the cash to splash out on some of the extreme ones. So what I was thinking was buying 2 cheaper cases (antec 300 price range) and setting them side by side.

Left case = motherboard etc.
Right case = hard disks, psu, dvd drive etc.

Then cut a hole on the right side of the left case and feed the cables into a hole on the left side of the right case. Ideally holes big enough to just get the cables out and some nice rubber surrounding it.

That would mean I could gut out the all the bays from the left computer case and open it up nice. There could be some problems with cables reaching etc. Maybe 2 separate holes and then in the right case have things to raise and lower components so they can reach.

The openness of the left case could be nice for a watercooling setup or ducts to direct airflow appropriately.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow I really like the look of those cases. Bit out of my price range sadly.

I know quality comes at a price but when it comes to dropping that much cash on a case I just keep thinking I could buy better parts for my pc.

Build your own? Pop-rivets, some sheet metal, extruded aluminum angle for a frame. It would take a good amount of machining skill but not that much money.

Yea making your own box is another good solution I could look into.

Or I could go with the open test bench setup option. Never had any real experience with them. Are they good for long term use or mostly just to do quick tests? I'm concerned about dust etc. Also does test bench setups suffer when air cooling because of a lack of enclosure? Seems like it could but not being trapped in a box might outweigh the lack of controlled forced airflow.

Back