• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ palomino multiplier unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

In my bios under "miscelaneous control" (or somthing similar)
I can adjust my fsb and ram speed but no multi. If i did unlock my cpu then would a special multiplier option appear or would I have to get an updated bios?

I dont know much about unlocking so how exactly would I unlock the higher multipliers on my 2100? I know about connecting the L1 but is that all? Is that only for lower mulitpliers?

thanks in advance.

No for the XP2100 because the 8x bit is set to high you need to set it to low by bridging two pins on the cpu as well as closing the L1's. Do a search on XP2100 and you might find it on this forum somewhere. I think if your bios does not have an option to change the multi (which would surprise me as it is a KT333) then unlocking the chip wont make any difference. Just out of curiosity is there an option to set the cpu speed manually you may find the multi options through that route.

Back