• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ Barton being recognized as a 3100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbox33

I have a 2500+ Barton in an NF7-S Rev.2 mobo. One of the ones before they were "superlocked". Anyway, the BIOS recognized it as a 2500+ when I first bought it and had it running like that for a long time.

I recently changed my system a little bit and installed 2 36gig raptors in a striped raid setup. I put my CDRW and DVD ROM on IDE1 and IDE2 is empty. Also have the floppy hooked up too.

Ever since I did this my system recognizes the proc as a 3100+ and sets it at 200x11 by default. Anybody ever run into this other than me?

I've never updated my BIOS and am still using the original one that it shipped with. I can't remember the BIOS version and I can't check right now I'm at work. I don't even know if there are any newer versions for it. I really haven't checked.

It's not that big of a deal because it isn't affecting anything. I was just wondering what would cause it to do this. I've switched the CD and DVD drives between IDE1 and IDE2 and that didn't make a difference. Any other ideas?

*Edit: I had the multiplier at 12 when it should have said 11.*

Last edited:
Err. I have the same CPU..well what i know is if you raise the FSB sometimes it recognizes it as something else. When i raise my FSB on my current system my bios thinks its a 3000+ ect. depending on how much FSB.

Back