• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 2500k cooling solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exia989

So i just finished building my parents a new computer with a 2500k playing the role of the cpu and graphics. Did some basic benchmarks for ****s and giggles, and watched the temps on the cpu skyrocket into the 90s. My parents talk about doing some photo editing and such, so i know that the cpu will be getting a bit of a workout. My question is, should i go with something like one of corsairs liquid cooling setups, or go with a good air cooling setup. Im trying to keep it as quiet as i can. Also, the ram heatsinks are quite tall (corsair vengence), and its all kept inside a corsair 400r case. Anyone have any suggestions?

should probably mention that at this point, im not overly concerned with price

Corsair H80 will fit most mid-tower cases, and gives great temps.
My OC'd 2500k doesn't go over 78C at 5.196ghz, even at full load. And for about $100, it's pretty reasonable, since most solid air coolers are $70+.

Im leaning towards something like the h80 at this point. im also a huge fan of the air cooling solutions from ThermalRight too, but im kinda worried about clearance for the heatsink, so the h80 is probably whats gonna happen. thanks for the input

The Thermalright True Spirit 140 heatsink is a damn good performer and comes with a TY-140 fan, for $39.95 plus shipping. They are a bit hard to find, but a company called Nans Gaming Gear has them in stock. They sell from their website and also through Amazon, if you want to feel more secure when ordering it. You shouldn't have any clearance problems with the TS140, unless that case mounts the psu very close to the edge of the motherboard or has the case top right next to the motherboard.

Back