• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500k Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Protential

Registered
I am currently using the corsair H60 CPU cooler and am wanting to switch to the CM Hyper 212+ I'm wondering if it's going to be a sufficient upgrade for what I use my PC for.

I livestream various games using xSplit and my CPU gets around 70c, that's a lot higher than i'd like it to be, and wondering if the 212+ would be a good move. I'm also wondering if it's normal that my CPU is getting in the 90%+ usage range when running xsplit and games like WoW.

Is there anything I could do to get better temps outa the h60? My case is the HAF 912.

Well I know people that run the 2600k with the H60 and get way better results, doing the livestreaming etc. I'm wondering if maybe I should just re-apply thermal paste or something, and if it's even normal that my CPU is being run that high while doing those 2 things.

Experiment, try flipping the H60 around. If it is set as exhaust, flip the rad around to be intake. See what happens with your temps. If they are aren't better, flip it back again.

Thanks, honestly never thought of that, gonna do that and come back with my results if their bad :p

Wow this improved a ton, went from being high 60's to 75c down to the highest it hit being 55c, I still thing there's something up with my CPU usage being that high, but it might just be my expectations of the 2500k. Thanks a bunch! Didn't really think that it would be that simple of a fix xD

Don't mean to double post, (noob question) is it possible to put one fan on the back and one on the front of the radiator? or would that just be a waste?

Don't mean to double post, (noob question) is it possible to put one fan on the back and one on the front of the radiator? or would that just be a waste?

You mean a push/pull config? And yes. It might be just a bit louder though but other than that, yeah you can.

sound isn't really an issue, performance is my main concern. Would it be a big improvement?

sound isn't really an issue, performance is my main concern. Would it be a big improvement?

Not a big difference. I mean 55C isn't that bad at all. I am personally having issues with my i7 2700k, mine idle's at 34 and on the fan that it has right now, it can it over 85C+. So you are well in the clear of that.

Wow this improved a ton, went from being high 60's to 75c down to the highest it hit being 55c, I still thing there's something up with my CPU usage being that high, but it might just be my expectations of the 2500k. Thanks a bunch! Didn't really think that it would be that simple of a fix xD

I'm glad to hear it worked out! If you still want more performance, get another fan for your rad and another case fan. Chances are, your GPU temps will be higher now because you are getting as much exhaust. Add another case fan for exhaust on the top. If you go push/pull, you should get a splitter so that your two, hopefully identical, fans run at the same RPM.

I'm glad to hear it worked out! If you still want more performance, get another fan for your rad and another case fan. Chances are, your GPU temps will be higher now because you are getting as much exhaust. Add another case fan for exhaust on the top. If you go push/pull, you should get a splitter so that your two, hopefully identical, fans run at the same RPM.

Do they have to be identical fans, and if their not is their an optimal setup?

Do they have to be identical fans, and if their not is their an optimal setup?

Identical fans can be optimal if they are both high static pressure fans.

It really doesn't matter that much which fans you match on the rad since there is so much shroud between them (27mm of it). A bonus is that both fans will sound different so their sound won't be as loud as if two fans would have the same RPM and sound.

But yeah, a push-pull config will be ideal for your setup.

Back