• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I been doing alot of reading about Dell and so I wanted to check if its true or not so i end up taking the back of my dell3011 off to see for my self and guess what..... Dell uses A- panels :confused:

I'm a crappy photographer (and in a hurry) but ask and ye shall receive. I'll take some better shots this weekend comparing it to my 21" trinitron CRT.

th_677305719_Outside_122_136lo.jpg th_773078500_Setup_122_14lo.jpg

I'd sure appreciate those photos w/your CRT as my CRT is 21" as well.

I been doing alot of reading about Dell and so I wanted to check if its true or not so i end up taking the back of my dell3011 off to see for my self and guess what..... Dell uses A- panels :confused:

A panels?

Its a quality grading for LCD panels dude. Generally A- is very good indeed. Not that long ago C grade was the norm

I've recently developed a hatred of coming to work and working on the 2x Dell 2209WA screens I use there. I check my email when I get up in the morning and then go to work. The picture quality is just so incredibly poor by comparison. Whites aren't white, blacks aren't black, colours are washed out..... No nice shiny screen.....

Hmmm, I'm keen to see picture of your 3x screens once you've cleaned the dust out actually. A little envious.

EDIT: Ok, I just picked up a cheapie VESA monitor stand. As far as I can tell these are actually from HP LCD panels as I'm fairly familiar with these from my last work place. Should fix stabillity and make the screen height adjustable + can be swivelled.

Last edited:
These look amazing. Can get it delivered for $319. Need to buy a Kepler to support it though. HD4000 will only support 1920x1080. One day.

Both are much the same really. The Yamakasi has the worse monitor stand though both screens use the same panels. Both screens have VESA mounts so the mounts can be replaced. In truth the Achieva is probably the better choice. I preferred the looks of the Yamakasi though so tha was my choice. I don't mind the stand, although I've bought a replacement stand which is better than what comes with either.

Ah right. Are you totally happy with the display? I'm just using a cheapo ASUS 23" at the moment.

Yes, very happy with it.It does have one dead pixel though considering the size of this pixels it actually took me a while to find it. The screen is absolutely amazing though. The stand is a little wobbly though the thing to remember is that since they have standard VESA mounts you can easily replace them should you wish to do so.

Even so, I'd still go with the Yamakasi again. I prefer the actual design purely for aesthetics. It'll look even better again once the replacement stand arrives.

I just gave back an ACD as my friend moved back into town and wanted to use it (it was his and I was just monitor sitting as he went away for a year). Now that I'm hooked on a dual screen set-up, I don't think I'll be able to go back.

Everyone's awesome experiences are bringing me this close to pulling the trigger! I'm just worried about Dead/Stuck pixels as they tend to drive me crazy. Do the perfect pixel monitors come guaranteed to have all working pixels? If so, I may pick up the Perfect Pixel Multi Catleap.

Keep those pics coming everyone!

Raven

Do the PERFECT PIXEL monitors come guaranteed to have all working pixels? I believe that is a yes.

hey guys, i am looking to buy one of these monitors but have a quick question... when it says with and without glass does it mean tempered glass? the ones without glass are what? matte? and which ones are people usually buying?

Without glass does mean without tempered glass, however even without they're beautiful and shiny anyway. Similar to what you see on Asus notebook screens.

Without glass does mean without tempered glass, however even without they're beautiful and shiny anyway. Similar to what you see on Asus notebook screens.

out of these which would you recommend?

DHL came today and left a note on my door, i missed it, they will deliver it tomorrow

Back