• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok i got the monitors and i tested them all out, checked for dead pixels and there none to be found, I cant see any dust under the glass, so it looks like i got a good deal. this weekend I will set them up on my desk, more pics to come

2012-05-15 10.49.41.jpg

2012-05-15 10.53.31.jpg

2012-05-16 18.10.22.jpg

Nice, doesn't come with the stand attached. I had to completely pull my Catleap apart only to find they didn't include and VESA mounting screws. It's still in pieces, which makes me sad :(

i think they look better then my dell 3011 screen

You have them up and running? I'd love to see screenshot w/a game on them.

I'm still on the fence. It's a good price, but I may wait until LG releases them in the USA. Asia got them first, so we'll see.

I checked out a 27" monitor at BB, I like the size. You can fit a lot one screen, almost 3 full 8.5x11 sheets of paper. My CRT may indeed move over for a flat panel.

was the bb one ips?

No, I went to BB just to size them. Wasn't sure if I wanted 24 or 27. If 24", I was going to buy an IPS here. However, now that I decided on 27" I'm on the fence.

I checked out the Apple monitor just to get a better feel for the size, image quality etc. It's nice alright. I have time, I haven't even built my system yet still waiting on z77 mATX mobo reviews to come out. I read OC's on the Gene V, it sounded pretty good.

I wish someone would do a review of this one by Gigabyte G1 Sniper

I'd be curious to see how it stacks up against Asus Gene V.

Nice, doesn't come with the stand attached. I had to completely pull my Catleap apart only to find they didn't include and VESA mounting screws. It's still in pieces, which makes me sad :(
I was under the assumption that monitors usually don't come with VESA screws if the original stand doesn't use the VESA mount... sometimes, the original stands only come with two screws and two 'nubs' that fit in the other holes. :bang head

You have them up and running? I'd love to see screenshot w/a game on them.

I would think you cant tell what a screen output would look like from a screenshot... It'll look like any other screenshot of the same dimensions. :p

theres really no point in having all those options on a monitor, all you need is dvi

That's what I was wondering. But why would someone need 2 DVI ports??

I see a lot of the flat panels have tons of I/O ports. It just makes the whole unit THICKER/heavier etc.

A feature they can charge more for. I can concieve of no valid reason for it. If I wanted to use a screen with two systems I'd use a KVM switch.

Damn, you can get the Shimian with tempered glass for $299.90 now..... I wish I'd waited a little bit:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-ACHI...796745?pt=AU_comp_monitor&hash=item1c24577949

Is this better than the Catleap? Seems like two of those Shimians use different IPS displays, IF I understood the description below on that page. Not sure what the different acronyms mean though.

I wonder if they will be this cheap or close once they are in the USA when LG does the release

Same panel used in these dude so its the same. It does use a better base than the Catleap and isn't a pain in the @SS to remove the base like the Catleap.

^^^Nowhere in that products specifications does it mention IPS..... Why would anyone buy it?

Back