• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
got my pcbank pb2700 super working last night. had to pick up a new dvi cable as the included one was bad. playing bf3 at 2560x1440 ultra settings with my 6970 is smooth as butter. great buy.

Damn, I didn't know about the PCBank. The stand looks awesome. I want one of those so it'll fit in the boot of my car for LANs! Might have to buy another monitor..... Perhaps :(

Folding stand idea is awesome!

EDIT: My damn spending bug is trying to make me buy that screen dammit! I've already got a 23" and 32" screen sitting in the cupboard! Now it wants to at the Catleap as well!

Last edited:
not at all, because if you think about it, all youre getting is extra screen you didnt have before, everything in the middle is the same, just more to see

But I thought if you pan around in a game, the bezels will be in the way though, RIGHT?

But I thought if you pan around in a game, the bezels will be in the way though, RIGHT?

not really, you can turn off bezel correction if you feel thats its in the way, it was sooooooo worth upgrading to 3 of these cheap monitors, my wife has the 30'' now and she loves it, she has a 24 TN screen :D

Damn, I didn't know about the PCBank. The stand looks awesome. I want one of those so it'll fit in the boot of my car for LANs! Might have to buy another monitor..... Perhaps :(

Folding stand idea is awesome!

EDIT: My damn spending bug is trying to make me buy that screen dammit! I've already got a 23" and 32" screen sitting in the cupboard! Now it wants to at the Catleap as well!

Lol hey if you get that screen i maybe want that catleap

oh and i was looking on ebay and which catleap should i get?
EDIT or pcbank pb2700?

not really, you can turn off bezel correction if you feel thats its in the way, it was sooooooo worth upgrading to 3 of these cheap monitors, my wife has the 30'' now and she loves it, she has a 24 TN screen :D

I'm confused. From my view, the bezel is always in the way because it divides what you see on the screens, they are in your field of view (meaning as a person, not your gaming character if that makes sense)

SO what is bezel correction? My assumption is that the w/the bezels, there will be cases when something you would see on screen, be it a house, a boat etc, gets divided or cut off and split across the screens. So that's what I mean by the bezel is always in the way. How can it not be in the way??

This is hard to explain, i think you need to get over the 2 bezels and think of one screen in the middle and still have your full game in the middle screen, then just add the 2 side screens to gain some side view only......
one monitor has 2 side bezels to, do you lose anything?

Lol hey if you get that screen i maybe want that catleap

oh and i was looking on ebay and which catleap should i get?
EDIT or pcbank pb2700?

Lol, are you here in Brisbane? I tend to never ship anything as I'm lazy.... And don't know how to ship stuff..... ;) I currently have one of these stands coming for the Catleap: http://www.selby.com.au/lcd-monitor-desktop-stand-bracket-up-to-24-inch-dks740.html

All the cheapie stands I tried wouldn't work, they all turned out to have 100mm VESA holes. Kind of ridiculous at $161 for a stand though. The only reason I want the PCBank is the folding stand which means it would fit into my cars boot for LANs..... Mind you, there's only one of those every few years or so

w8 you are not in US never mind srry
but what do you think i should go for?
this http://www.ebay.com/itm/160801485413?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/140738200221?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or should i save for http://www.ebay.com/itm/120888970177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
note the cheaper REALLY helps i make min wage soo it will take me a bit to but a monitor

im not really picky i want the best for the money i would prefer no dead pic that why im somewhat thinking about Pcbank + its $10 cheaper which does make a diff but if catleap are better build quality i would get that but im unsure

Last edited:
The Perfect Pixel - 3 View PCBank PB2700 27" LED 2560x1440 S-IPS Monitor definitely. Far far better stand than the Yamakasi. The Yamakasi is actually the worst designed screen (in terms of the stand) of all the LG S-IPS panels available from Korea.

Best stands from left to right as follows: PCBank, Crossover, Shimian, Yamakasi.

Think of the bezels like you would the metal surrounding the windshield in your car, there is a "bezel" between the drivers side window, the windshield, and the passenger side window. After a while, you dont even see it, because you have just gotten used to it being there when you drive.

Some people reach a point where they ignore the bezel in the same way, others dont. The only way to know if triple screen with bezels is for you is to try it, expensive as that is.

Just be careful with the PCBank. I went with the "Super" version and the stand is not the same as shown in some of the pictures. The pictures on the ebay auctions show the stand being able to tilt and fold up. The Super is not the same way. It's a normal stand that tilts slightly up and down, and allows you to turn the monitor left to right. I still think the Super stand is better than the Catleap (my buddy has one) but it's still nothing fantastic.

This is hard to explain, i think you need to get over the 2 bezels and think of one screen in the middle and still have your full game in the middle screen, then just add the 2 side screens to gain some side view only......
one monitor has 2 side bezels to, do you lose anything?

One monitor is NOT the same as 3 monitors, that's NOT the same comparison cmon hahah I'm thinking a bit more in an RTS format, I wonder if things will stretch over the bezels, or be "lost" from view.

W/one monitor you wouldn't know if you were missing anything haha..cmon man

^^^Well, with one monitor you don't get the rest anyway..... However I guess I know what you mean. With a big centre monitor, if you have an object going off the top side of the screen, you won't see it continued up the top of the right side screen as its a different size....

you can choose from bezel correction or the standard 3x1 view, so you can pick, bezel correction will fix it so it will act like one big screen

Back