• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't appear to be an S-IPS screen, and 1920x1080 is kind of below par.

EDIT: I just checked on eBay. They've different specs listed on there. With the number of Korean brands coming out with this, I'd not be surprised if its ages before we see the screens hit the stores in Australia.

You know, the bezel doesn't look any worse than you get on the average LG cheapie screen. The stand looks to be quite stable. I can't help but love the design of the Crossover screens though. Very classy.

For some reason the listed power consumption is 20W higher than the Yamakasi and Shimian screens on the Potalion :(

It also doesnt come with the vga or hdmi according to the ebay desription, still, 330 for a pre checked monitor isnt bad, though with the shimian down to 300 I think id go with that.

No, none of these cheap screens have anything more than a dual link DVI. It's the price you pay in features for an amazing panel and low price. It's a price I'm willing to pay because DVI is the only thing that matters to me for a computer screen.

I only pointed that out because the review posted showed it with hdmi and vga inputs along with the dvi. True enough about the dvi thing. My dell took dvi vga svideo component and composite, and I dont think I ever used anything but dvi and vga. And the vga was only so I could hook up a computer I was working on without unhooking mine.

Yeah, I've a 23" LG sitting around for working on other peoples computers. Not need to bring theirs anywhere near my nice Catleap..... Now if only my monitor stand would hurry up and arrive! I've had the stand off my Catleap for nearly 2 weeks now. I can't bring myself to use my computer with anything else until I have my screen back in use. All other screens suck by comparison ;)

Just posted this on Overclock.net but I suppose you guys might want it as well:

"I asked BCC if this is the first batch of Potalion monitors they were selling. They said yes don't worry.

They also said that there are the same LG panel.

They also guarantee no dead/bright dot.

I think I'm going for this..."

So many brands springing up..... I love the design of the CrossOver screens. They look premium.

I just got my shimian today. Unfortunated it has 2 dead pixels right next to each other on the lower left area of the screen, and a bright stuck green pixel elsewhere. The dead pixels don't really bother me but the green pixel sure does :(

I just got my shimian today. Unfortunated it has 2 dead pixels right next to each other on the lower left area of the screen, and a bright stuck green pixel elsewhere. The dead pixels don't really bother me but the green pixel sure does :(

Downer.... :-/

You may be able to fix the green pixel. I've generally never had any luck with the dead pixels though

It's stories like that, combined with shoddy stands, and inaccurate advertising from what it sounds, that keep me from ordering from a buyer from the Far East, even though the price is RIGHT. Coming from out in the Far East, this doesn't surprise me to some degree. They are the first ones with it, and so they cranking them out like hotcakes because they are the only game in town.

Thing is, I don't expect the price to be right on products released in Australia. We've a history of being charged far more for items than people overseas. There's a price premium on everything sold in Australia, particularly electronics. I was looking at amplifiers recently, far cheaper to buy them in the US and have them shipped to Australia.

How risky is it buying from these small far east sellers - I don't want to (can't afford) to be stuck with a semi-defective monitor - there's crossover, perfect pixel, yamazaki, shimian - how do you make choice?

*have a dell gift card I was going to use on an alienware aw2310 or dell 2412 - I may sell it and use the $$ for one of these 27"s...

How risky is it buying from these small far east sellers - I don't want to (can't afford) to be stuck with a semi-defective monitor - there's crossover, perfect pixel, yamazaki, shimian - how do you make choice?

*have a dell gift card I was going to use on an alienware aw2310 or dell 2412 - I may sell it and use the $$ for one of these 27"s...

Well put it this way, i have 3 and there all perfect. and yes the stand was not the best so i replaced them with new stands, i think if you buy from red-cap and ask him to check the monitor you want to buy to be perfect and he will,

The first thing i did was check to see if mine was opened and it was checked so hes not lying at all.

Thanks - wasn't aware on-line sellers would take the time and trouble - what brand did you get and did you go for glossy or matte screen? (posters here say PCBank PerfPix look like it has the best stand...) is squaretrade warranty a good idea with these?

Last edited:
Considering you'd have to ship the screen back, I don't think the warranty has any value at all.

How many of these have multiple inputs?

The one Finny just posted has more but do others have higher cost versions with multiple inputs?

I need to update my work setup for working on schematics and I need hdmi.

edit: looks like there are versions of the Shimian with multiple inputs around $450. Hopefully I can expense it.

Last edited:
Back