• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Far as I know, the microcentre is probably a TN panel as it doesn't say what it is in the specs

Hmmm, interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Looks like the tech will be affordable once released. Mainstream even.

Ok guys! Got my Potalion 2710QW today. Pixel perfect from Bigclothcraft for $329.90 shipped.

Zero dead/stuck pixels, hardly any visible backlight bleed (will comment more when it gets dark out and I can really see), NO AG coating.

The stand is crap. No forward/backward tilt, does swivel but is very wobbly...

Packaging: Wrapped in a couple layers of foam.

GEDC0284.jpg

Box: Stickers with 1080p resolutions were stickered over... along with advertisements of it being a TFT... 🤔

GEDC0285.jpg

Everything in the package: Note, I think there is a screw loose in my power brick...

GEDC0286.jpg

Here are a few shots of it on:

GEDC0287.jpg

GEDC0288.jpg

GEDC0289.jpg

Here is one in comparison to my 24" TN 1200x1920 Dell:

GEDC0290.jpg

Here is a side shot, quite thin. (please ignore dust on desk/speaker...)

GEDC0291.jpg

And finally, the back of the monitor, with VESA mounts I believe. Good ventilation, not much else to note.

GEDC0292.jpg

In conclusion:
jizzed.jpg

^^^ 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this. :)

Screen looks good. If you're looking for an awesome replacement stand then check out the Dekk DKS740 screen stand. I got one to replace my crappy stand. A bit pricey at $162 but worth it, solid metal construction. ;)

How are you enjoying the screen compared to your old Dell? And hey, what dust? My whole room is covered in a thick layer of dust, you ain't got nothin :p

Yeah I don't think I'm going to spend 50% of the monitors price for a stand... I'll just get a $30 one if it bothers me too much. Is quite a bit better than my Dell, the blacks rock and the colors are quite a bit better. The viewing angles destroy that TN panel... And as far as the resolution the added pixels are quite nice.

Yeah, I've never actually seen a screen as nice as mine with the exception of Apple iMac screens. I figure even with the stand its a bargain.

I couldn't find any cheap stands that would fit anywhere. I mean, there's plenty that clamp onto your desk but this was the only straight out stand replacement I could find.

Theres a monoprice one for like 30, it doesnt officially support higher than 24" screens but a guy on ocn got one on his, it puts the.base of the monitor like.an inch from the.desk though so I havent done.it. Thinking I might be.able to shim the base of mine.to even it out some, then just deal with it. Dont mind all the periods where spaces should be, my hands werent built for smartphone use.

You might get some dead or stuck pixels but you cant see them if you dont try to look for them, i was lucky i didnt get any

The pixels are very small. I got one dead pixel. I noticed it more initially than I do now. I'm getting used to it. Still exceptionally happy with mine.

Your Dell's back light looks dim/faded like my aging 24" LCD I've had for 5 years now...time to update/upgrade/replace.

I am the only one that was annoyed by the default color profile out of the box? Mine came looking as if it were stained in blue. I switched to calibration profile that someone posted on OCN and also had to spend a lot of time adjusting gamma before I had it looking "right".

Not only that, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any contrast control, just about 6 buttons on the back that do nothing, except for the one on the top that controls brightness. I think the microcenter version has more adjustments. The lower-end variants leave you with almost no options but software.

I don't mind the stand at all though, it seems fine to me. The monitor itself barely meets my (extremely) high standards. Overall, it's very good, especially for the price, but it still doesn't feel quite as vibrant as the IPS Dell 2007WFP's of the past, nor my NEC IPS that I use along with it. No TN comes close, but that's a given.

Edit- I got a Shimian with tempered glass, and apparently with a better stand than the Catleap. Guess that's why I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
Yeah the color profiles were discussed, I even mentioned the blue tint on mine. The basic monitors have nothing but power and brightness controls, though there is a spot for the full osd found on the higher end models.

I have a dell3011 and this and after putting new profiles, its better then the dell 3011 adobe profile that came with..

Bigclothcraft sent me a question today after I ordered the display this weekend. Anyone else get this, and if so, how did you answer? I'm not sure if I'll get hit for customs charges or not; if I allow him to send it as a gift and a low invoice price am I screwed if the monitor arrives DOA?

For smoothing pass against custom,
1) May I mark item as gift?
2) How much price I put on invoice?
3) May I ask your model number of video card in computer?
-This monitor don't works with Mobile video card in Laptop and macbook.
4) May I check your phone number and address for express shipping service?
(Our company only use personal information for shipping)

Edit: Per post on OCN:
also someone linked the Korean US Free Trade Agreement which reduces the customs charges by 95% so it shouldn't be much of an issue if ever.
the 100 is the threshold for gifts according to google. you can receive any number of gifts per day as long as its under $100 for the day.

Hopefully all goes well, looking forward to 1440p goodness.

Last edited:
Well, I went through them for my screen. I answered as follows:

1) Yes, it allows tax free import
2) The full value, here in Australia internet sales don't get taxed until the purchase hits $1000
3) AMD HD6870

You should enjoy you're purchase. Which screen did you go with?

Yamakasi Catleap SE, that being the model without speakers from what I'm told. I have no plans on upping the refresh rate, I know the 'good' models that were getting 100hz are no longer being sold in the Catleap frames, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

May get one (or two) more depending on how satisified I am with it. And supposedly US retailers will be selling these LG panels later this year for ~$500? So I might take a look at those, having a warranty is always nice.

How do you like yours so far?

Back