• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it is, eBay adjusts the pricing according to the eBay site you're logged in to. Right now the Aussie dollar has parity with the US dollar anyway. A shame as a few weeks ago our dollar was worth about 30 cents more to the US dollar.

I wish I had known microcenter was going to start carrying display port models. Ive been fighting my 6950s since I got this thing. The dual link 6970 asus dc ii bios doesnt like my monitor so I had to downgrade back to my 6950 bios, which limits me to 1.1v so I cant even run at 880 core nevermind the 900+ I was doing on the 6970 bios. Ah well, I still love my monitor, but if I ever decide to buy more, I work about 20 miles from microcenter.

So, I've been drooling over these underpriced monitors for a while and have decided to buy one. I have a question tho, wich one should I buy to get the most hz. As I understand I need a gtx 670 or above to get 120hz? (currently on a 570)

Appreciate all answers ;)
//Nuugart

My understanding is they're not putting the electrics in that can do higher Hz anymore.... I don't miss it myself. Can't tell the difference.

To get the model that does 100+ hz, you have to pay a high premium for a special run of the catleap that either just came out or is about to, I stopped following a couple weeks ago, but it was said to be around 450$ usd. All of the normal monitors be they carleap or shimian or crossover or pcbank no longer do (much) over 60hz.

If you are willing to pay that premium you will have to google around a bit to find info on it due to some shenanagins that went on at ocn all the info got pulled down there.

^^^Having said that. I find 60Hz to be quite adequate in gaming anyway. ;)

The most important thing is the picture quality. I'd have to say though that the Shimian and Crossover screens are definitely the way to go. Far too much effort involved in removing the stand on the Yamakasi Catleap. You literally have to completely pull the thing apart to get the stand off. I think the Crossover's styling is quite amazing too, not to mention a better stand than the other two screens. I actually think they're worth paying the little bit extra for.

Well guys everything is hooked up and im blown away how well the colors look and the less mouse lagging i get, all of them look the same colors to.

phone pic

Attachments

• 2012-05-19 00.03.42.jpg
    2012-05-19 00.03.42.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Sweet.

I've never gamed with tri (or dual) monitors, but would it be beneficial to stagger your monitors so the bezels overlap a bit? Perhaps push the outer monitors 1" backwards, and then 1" toward the center screen? Or do you not notice the bezels during gameplay anyway?

not at all, because if you think about it, all youre getting is extra screen you didnt have before, everything in the middle is the same, just more to see

Oh, I did not mean overlapping the actual screens, but rather just the bezels. So instead of having a ~2" black bar between the screens, you would have ~1".

Ah, that explains it.... You need a nice 12mp camera for nice sharp piccies... Would be sweet to have one of those new twenty something mp cameras but I'm cheap. ;)

So after having my screen for a week I had one pixel die. :( Sucks but it only noticeable in dark background and its off the the side so I dont think it's enough to get a new screen. Just has a FYI/ Additionally, I have the Catleap Q270 version.

you might want to try a program that can help remove stuck pixels. For me i found one thing of dust under the glass and it looked like a dead pixel but its not. its not even worth taking it apart.

So after having my screen for a week I had one pixel die. :( Sucks but it only noticeable in dark background and its off the the side so I dont think it's enough to get a new screen. Just has a FYI/ Additionally, I have the Catleap Q270 version.

That's why CRTs RULE! :attn:

Back