• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2700x.. temps these seem high ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I can say this at least with my AIO experience. While I got really high temps originally found my main issue was proper pressure on the cpu itself. The original mounting hardware didn't mount properly. No matter how loose or tight the Thumb screws where still produced really high temps. Now your temps are no where near mine not saying it's a problem but could be another issue. I'd think you should be idling in the upper 20s , maybe low 30s pending the room temp.

Also sounded like you went from Intel to AMD with your setup? If that is the case it's very possible that the block might not be making the best of contact. Again just from my experience it works for some great on their boards but others seem to be a bit and a miss for functioning properly. Behind the CPU socket does it look like it's bulging with the block on?

As for the plate, mine looked similar to that but feeling over it was still smooth like. Used AS5 for my thermal paste.

Im not sure if this riing 360 AIO just sucks, or if this is normal or what..

The temps on my new 2700x last night on cinebench were 68c and idle was about 38c, and the cpu was throttling itself to like 3900mhz.. That seems really stupid to me, I used MX-4 on the IHS.. I just took the MX4 off and put on AS5 and temps are much lower in the 63-64c range.. Im sure itll go up more as the system is running longer.. I heard these cpu's thermal throttle at 65c.. i mean damn..

So what are normal temps for this cpu on water/air ? Im wondering if this AIO's block cant handle the heat. Obviously the loop itself is cool, but the transfer between the IHS and to the block might suck.. Also why the priase for MX-4 this is the 2nd time ive used it and the 2nd time its been much hotter then AS5.. This paste sucks

If you are allowing Precision Boost to handle your clocks, 3.9 is not throttling. Check again. You were probably running all cores at that speed, which together with your temps indicates sufficent, if not incredible cooling. Boost will only run two or so cores up the maximum of 4.3, and I think when you are not under heavy load. Watching my cores while compiling 16 threads at once leads me to believe that all cores at 3.9 is what this chip looks like running flat-out. If you are overclocking alll cores manually, I'm not sure what would happen because I never bother with that anymore.

Back