• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2K23 PGA question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not yet.... wondering if it's worth it over 2k21....

do you have to start a career and 'earn' them?

Not yet.... wondering if it's worth it over 2k21....

do you have to start a career and 'earn' them?
It turns out you can't use them in career mode. Only local matches and online..

I like the Game it keeps the things I have been liking in 2K21 with enough graphics improvement. The real improvement is the physics in how the ball lands and bounces...

The character creator is awful. You can't change your golfers build or weight so they all look the same...even the PGA players look goofy...Bubba Watson is the first VS character and he looks goofy as f.

They added ghost golfers to Local matches so it seems less lonely when you play the masters (A course like no other) or Pebble by yourself for example.

I wish they had copied features from the old TW EA games...

The real downside of these games is that the licenses for the players will run out and they will nerf the game.

15 and 18 year old games...yikes. sure it's not a drm issue you're working around?

Will you show me how/what hack you need to get those games to work? All I keep seeing is windows compatibility tweaks with newer versions of windows.

I want to email EA or whoever to get to the bottom of this. I know licenses expire, but how do you go and take people out of a game on disk??

Last edited:
Do them require you to move the mouse back and forth for swinging? Or using a controller? Or can you double/triple click?

Do them require you to move the mouse back and forth for swinging? Or using a controller? Or can you double/triple click?
Mouse not so good...Play with a controller. You can triple click on 2K23. I gave up the game trying to use a mouse, once I started playing on the Steam Deck it became fun.
Post magically merged:

15 and 18 year old games...yikes. sure it's not a drm issue you're working around?

Will you show me how/what hack you need to get those games to work? All I keep seeing is windows compatibility tweaks with newer versions of windows.

I want to email EA or whoever to get to the bottom of this. I know licenses expire, but how do you go and take people out of a game on disk??
Is this a trap? Talking about a hack? If not I'll dig out the Youtube on getting 07 to work. It still is setup on my Gaming PC...I think 04 works the same...and this is if you own the disks...

It is this one...My post thanking him from 2 years ago is still at the top.

Last edited:
A trap? Lol, No! Just curious to see how it works is all. I tried to look it up and it just mentioned DRM things and compatibility stuffz. Feel free to PM it over. :)

Anyhoo, still waffling on 2k23. I wasn't terribly pleased with 21, so, playing full price for this one doesn't sit well. I'll wait for a $30 sale or something.

Back