• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd monitor problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

groovejet

my 2nd monitor wont display anything.
im running xp pro and my video card is Radeon x1550.
it only had one vga port on it to which i have linked up my 40" samsung tv.
The vga port on my motherboard , i have connecte my dell monitor.
Both work no problem when connected to the video card, but they both dont work when connected to the intergrated vgam and as ive already said when both are connected only the video card one works.
ive managed to get the Ati control center to recognise them both but no picture.

I know im running old gear but it works for me for what i need it for.

Help appreciated

You may have to specify in your bios to keep the igpu active when the discrete gpu is in use. My one computer will turn the igpu off if it is set to auto and I use a discrete gpu. I solved it by setting the bios to "on" vs "auto" and this solved the problem for me.

Can you list your motherboard model.

You may have to specify in your bios to keep the igpu active when the discrete gpu is in use. My one computer will turn the igpu off if it is set to auto and I use a discrete gpu. I solved it by setting the bios to "on" vs "auto" and this solved the problem for me.

Can you list your motherboard model.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00378480

ms7184....i know have a good laugth...ha ha..its a old ún

Is the plug and play summit ???

You may or may not have the option in that bios to have both a discrete video card and the igp active simultaneously. By default they will not both be active I'm thinking. However, you could buy a video card with two video ports that supports two displays at a time. If you are in the US you can get a used Dell dual monitor card with the DMS59 splitter for just a few bucks off ebay.

You will not be able to run on board GPU and discrete GPU at the same time on that board.

Try running the screens with the VGA port and the other circular port(Cant remember what its called.)
I know that you cant run 2 monitors on a GT210 with VGA and DVI or HDMI, Its must be 2 digital ports to run 2 monitors, So maybe the x1550 has the same "issue"?

Try running the screens with the VGA port and the other circular port(Cant remember what its called.)
I know that you cant run 2 monitors on a GT210 with VGA and DVI or HDMI, Its must be 2 digital ports to run 2 monitors, So maybe the x1550 has the same "issue"?
You're thinking of the S-video port. The video card should have an S-video out but does the TV have an S-Video in?

What connectors do you have on the TV and the monitor? The video card should have the following:

VGA
DVI-I (dual link)
S-video
HDTV-out

You're thinking of the S-video port. The video card should have an S-video out but does the TV have an S-Video in?

What connectors do you have on the TV and the monitor? The video card should have the following:

VGA
DVI-I (dual link)
S-video
HDTV-out

Yeah was reffering to the S-Video
I saw at the pictures it has only the VGA, S-Video and HDTV .-., Now checked the pictures again and saw VGA S-Video and DVI .-..

Back