• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x2Gb G.Skill togheter with 2x2Gb OCZ...its possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelsinni

Registered
Hi to all...
i have 2x2Gb OCZ PC3-12800 OCZ3P1600LVAM4GK and im running them stable on my system @ 1667Mhz with 7-7-7-24 2T

Recently i get other 4Gb kit G.Skill PC3-12800 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

My intention was trying to put 8Gb total on my system (4x2Gb) with these 2 kits since they are very similar with the same specs...

I had tried to install the 4 modules and entered the bios to put all RAM settings on AUTO:

Despite the PC booted, i had no sucess to enter te OS (windows 8.1) even with them @ 1333Mhz...:(

I would like to know if i can get them working togheter @ 1600Mhz CL7 or if that is quite dificult to get...

Thanks in advance for all the help

Try manually setting the timings, to 7-8-7-24, set the Dram voltage to 1.65 and raise the Cpu Nb Voltage to 1.20-1.25, make sure it's the Cpu Nb voltage and not the "Nb Voltage"

Try manually setting the timings, to 7-8-7-24, set the Dram voltage to 1.65 and raise the Cpu Nb Voltage to 1.20-1.25, make sure it's the Cpu Nb voltage and not the "Nb Voltage"

Before i started this post i had already tried set the timming manually to 7-8-7-24 2T togheter with Dram voltage set to 1,65v but no luck...

Im gonna now try to do that togheter with the CPU NB Voltage to 1.2v-1-25v and see...

Thanks for your help

Try G.Skill kit in the 1/3 slots. Maybe board is reading sub-timings from 1st memory. Also check 8-8-8-24 or 7-9-7-24, 1.65V.

Try G.Skill kit in the 1/3 slots. Maybe board is reading sub-timings from 1st memory. Also check 8-8-8-24 or 7-9-7-24, 1.65V.

The G.Skill modules on 1st and 3rd slots its not possible because of the height of them...it not fit on the 1st slot because of the cpu cooler...

Now, just with the OCZ kit installed my bios settings i like this:

Till now my system is totally stable and i never had any issue or blue screen even when playing games...

Im gonna now try the OCZ on 1/3 slots and Gskill on 2/4 slots and set the timming manually to 7-8-7-24, the DRAM voltage to 1.65v and keep the CPU/NB Offset voltage to 1,25...all the rest os the options im gonna put them on AUTO...

Well...good news so far...i manage to get on windows at 1st time with the 4 modules :)
the instalation of them was like this:

The bios settings are like this:

There is another bios menu called "Dram Driving configuration" that i let all values at "AUTO"..should i change any of them?

Back on the windows the respective CPUz show this:

Now the see the stability of the system i should run PRIME 95 for a couple of hours right??

Thanks again for the help given ;)

Hello again...
after running Prime95 for about an hour and playing several times NFS Rivals for more than 2 hours straight nothing bad happened so i must assume that they are stable :=)

Thks for the help given ;)

Most of us see 2hrs of P95 blend as a minimum for stability.

If you ever run into any issues while running those pairs together, try pulling the bios battery out for a few minutes. With my setup if I am running a set, and then add another set without pulling the battery, I get all kinds of problems, and its a real pita.. Clearing the cmos isn't the answer for my setup, I have to pull the battery :bang head

Back