• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x4GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz CL10 OC [GOLDEN KIT]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ardamir

Hello guys, this is my first post here. I bought the memory kit, mentioned in the title 2 years ago from ebay and I recently discovered its superb overclocking potential. I managed to get it stable from 1600MHz CL10 @ 1.5V (stock) to 2600MHz CL11 @ 1.68V. I believe this is a major achievement for such a low end memory kit and I really want to see if it's possible to clock it any higher.

Here are some pictures with the clocks and latency's and some benches I ran :
CPU-Z Memory Info:
n1s2ifc.jpg

CPU-Z SPD Info:
BfRMxif.jpg

AIDA 64 Memory Read Bench:
PpKMaM3.jpg

AIDA 64 Memory Latency Bench:
VGf01O9.jpg

AIDA 64 Memory Write Bench:
xgluWd1.jpg

AIDA 64 Memory Copy Bench:
6SxrcxD.jpg

Edit: CPU-Z CPU :
xIoR4QP.jpg

My mobo has a maximum memory multiplier of 2400MHz and with a little bit of BCLK OC I managed to get it @ 2600MHz. I can't go any higher than 2648MHz though, because as I increase the BCLK, the Northbridge clock also increases. Im giving it a a good deal of voltage to even boot @ 2600MHz (the lowest I can get to) and I can't really get it to go any higher because of voltage restraints. Does anybody have an idea of what I could do to go past the 2648MHz barrier?

My hardware is :
CPU: FX 8350 @ 4.5GHz
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X
PSU: Corsair RMX 650

Last edited:
Wait, you overclocked a set of 1600 Mhz Kingston ram to 2600 Mhz on an AMD Fx 8350? If you screenshots prove it I'll be impressed indeed!
123.PNG

It seems that I didn't have any permission to post images, edit my posts or even delete them. I finally got it today, so yeah. You can find the images in the original post, since I edited it.

Last edited:
:clap:

Man, you got the 0.000001% memory kit.

Imagine the odds to get BOTH sticks working at those frequencies on a FX platform!!!

:clap:

Man, you got the 0.000001% memory kit.

Imagine the odds to get BOTH sticks working at those frequencies on a FX platform!!!

Ιkr, I was ecstatic when I figured I could push both of them at such a high frequency with such tight timings. I crave for more though and I bet that these sticks can easily get to at least 2800 with CL13 at the same voltage. My only problem is the Northbridge, which doesn't want to clock any higher than 2648MHz, even if I give it 1.5V. Any idea on what I could do to reach the true potential of my 0.000001% kit?

Well I actually have 16GB of RAM total. 4x4GB. One kit (the one mentioned in the post) is 1600MHz CL10, while the other is the exact same one clocked at 1333MHz CL9. Im gonna slap on the 1333MHz one and try my luck with that one too.

Last edited:
I'm impressed, the FX isn't exactly known for it's strong IMC and or memory overclocking ability. 2600 mhz is pretty darn respectable even if it's only able to boot into windows. Being able to run AIDA a little is even better.

Run AIDA a little? What do you mean xD? I play PUBG with these bad boys and trust me, this game is the ultimate Memtest... You can run stress tests for hours and hours with no crashes or errors and insta crash on the PUBG lobby or on the plane. So they are fully stable and on the plus side, I got a wooping +20/+30 FPS in that game with the memory OC. I think I will try to find a used FX for cheap and slap it on my MOBO. I got unlucky with mine and sadly the Northbridge frequency hit a wall @ 2648MHz no mattter what voltage I give to it. This is my limiting factor since I can't BCLK OC the memory any higher because of that damned NB. I really want to see up to where I can push them...

Last edited:
Run AIDA a little? What do you mean xD? I play PUBG with these bad boys and trust me, this game is the ultimate Memtest... You can run stress tests for hours and hours with no crashes or errors and insta crash on the PUBG lobby or on the plane. So they are fully stable and on the plus side, I got a wooping +20/+30 FPS in that game with the memory OC. I think I will try to find a used FX for cheap and slap it on my MOBO. I got unlucky with mine and sadly the Northbridge frequency hit a wall @ 2648MHz no mattter what voltage I give to it. This is my limiting factor since I can't BCLK OC the memory any higher because of that damned NB. I really want to see up to where I can push them...

Your bios does not have a NB frequency multiplier?
Sure it does. Knock that down a click and you can bump the bclk some more. Eventually you'll have to do the HT link speed the same way.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:
Of course and it does. The lowest I can get it when I have BLCK @ 217 (so that the memory clocks @ 2597) is 2600MHz though. I can't go any lower than that because it says UNSUPPORTED and it doesn't even boot when i select it.

Your bios does not have a NB frequency multiplier?
Sure it does. Knock that down a click and you can bump the bclk some more. Eventually you'll have to do the HT link speed the same way.

Believe me mate, I'm not new to overclocking (just new on the forum :p ) and I know my system really well, since I own it from 2013. As I said, when I increase the BCLK up to a certain point, the lowest possible NB frequency is 2600MHz. My HT clocks up to 2800 with +50mV so I don't really have a problem there.

Last edited:
I meant being able to run it to do the benchmarks in post#1.

I meant being able to run it to do the benchmarks in post#1.

I know, I know. Just wanted you to know that its as stable as it can get, because quite a few times OC'ed systems are barely stable and able to go through a couple of benchmarks before they crash.

Resuming the topic, since I can't get them to clock any higher (curse you NB!) im gonna try to further optimize timings and subtimings, while trying to get it stable at a tad less voltage (1.65 sounds fine to me). I really want to surpass that 6700 at AIDA's Memory Read bench...

I see.
You don't need another CPU then, you need a better board.
There are twice the multi's on my Sabertooth.

I see.
You don't need another CPU then, you need a better board.
There are twice the multi's on my Sabertooth.

This is wonderful news. I have a friend who has a GA-990XA-UD3 which I can borrow and I hope that it's enough to do the job. Of course I will post the results here when I get it.
You have my thanks!

As for the other memory kit I mentioned above, nothing out of the ordinary. Hits a wall @ 1866MHz CL12 so I didn't bother to go any higher.

@Mr.Scott

As it seems, my mobo has a lot of options for the NB clock. The problem is that the NB frequency is tied directly to the DRAM frequency. When I set the DRAM clock to 1333MHz, I got the option to clock the NB @ 1400MHz minimum. When I put DRAM clock @ 2400MHz, the minimum NB clock is 2400MHz. So that leaves me to think that it changes the FSB to DRAM ratio when I change the DRAM multiplier. Soooo unless it's only my mobo that works like that, I don't think that getting a new board will help. What do you think? If you can do a little bit of testing on yours, it would really help.

Wow you had good luck with these kit my self ( never pushed as hard as you ) Congrats on that sweet clocks I have the same kit and can hit 2000 pretty stable and bench @ 2166 10-10-10-10 . Might give 11 a shot and see what they can do . 50k.JPG

It looks like Hynix BFR/MFR kit as Kingston was using almost only Hynix in Fury series. There are couple of reviews in my sig ( 1600-2400 kits ). Most BFR/MFR will make 2600-2800 but somehow I doubt it's stable on AMD FX. This platform is losing stability not much above 2133 and it will pass most tests and look like stable but sometimes may crash. I was able to run PSC 2x2GB up to 3100 on FX and some other kits up to 2800 but nothing above 2400 was stable.
If it won't be stable then can try something like 2000-2133 10-12-12 or 1866 9-10-10. I guess that performance will be even better. For higher memory performance it's better to play with CPU-NB frequency as it's limiting maximum memory bandwidth.

Last edited:
Most BFR/MFR will make 2600-2800 but somehow I doubt it's stable on AMD FX. This platform is losing stability not much above 2133 and it will pass most tests and look like stable but sometimes may crash. I was able to run PSC 2x2GB up to 3100 on FX and some other kits up to 2800 but nothing above 2400 was stable.
If it won't be stable then can try something like 2000-2133 10-12-12 or 1866 9-10-10. I guess that performance will be even better. For higher memory performance it's better to play with CPU-NB frequency as it's limiting maximum memory bandwidth.

I know that and that's why Im so surprised. Its been almost a week now and I havent had any crashes whatsoever. Gaming, benching and rendering sometimes, even 2 of them together haven't managed to crash me. That's why I believe that this kit has still more potential in it. As for the NB performance gains it is true, although my main problem is that I can't increase it anymore. Im getting a 8320 from a guy though and I hope that its NB clocks better than mine (well mine seems to be trash).

Looks like your CPU has good memory controller. On FX8120 I was able to set much higher CPU-NB but on FX8320 was better performance at lower clock. I guess you have to play some more to find the best settings.
Maybe try 2133 10-12-12 or 2400 10-12-12 as these settings should give you better performance. FX has more problems with memory latency than maximum bandwidth.

Nice job OP. I didn't think I would see 1600mhz mems do that, pretty sweet if you ask me :D

This thread inspired me to play with some old gskill ram I had in the closet. They are Trident 2133 cl9, but my cpu doesn't really like to run this memory over 1000mhz @ 7-9-7-24 1T, or any other ram over that speed no matter the timings. So I decided to clamp down on timings to see what they can do! So thank you, I killed a couple of hours lol.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Back