• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0c to 3.4E worth the upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oRIDDLERo

See my sig for system specs. I just always wanted to hit 4 GHz and i think the 3.4E can take me there with my setup without having to do a whole MB replacement / Overhaul. I don’t think there is any other system area I feel is worth upgrading at this time (DDR2 would be nice, but I think im fine with my PC4000 speeds for now ;) ).

3.0c Sells for $170-$200 on ebay, 3.4E is $339 on newegg so it woudl cost me about $150

Also to you think my MB MOSFETS can handle it ( I do have that ABIT active cooling conduit pulling air over them so i am thinking they will be ok)

Save your money. Not all 3.4's are hitting 4.0GHz, it is by no means a sure thing. Probably better off waiting imo.

[BBE]Jimbob said:
save the money, buy a new graphics card if you have to buy something, heh.

Agreed. He would see a better overall jump in performance with a 6800GT/ATI x800 Pro in the ~400$ range.

Back