• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0c warranty sticker and hi temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vipergtsr1736

I just got a my new 3.0c 30 cap :D SL6WK malay. chip and it has a sticker on it that says "warranty, void if removed" It appears that it would interfere with the contact between the fan and the chip, and using a zalman CPS-7000CU and stock speed/voltage it idles at 36C and 59C during a game. This is really high, considering my old 1.8 at stock idled at 26C and full load at 38C with the same setup and room temps. Any ideas on what to do with the sticker, and could this be affecting the temps? PS im using Arctic Silver 3 if you were wondering.

is the sticker on top of the chip between it and the heatsink? if so, thats more than a little odd, and you should be able to remove it.

yeah its on the top, partially covering the information printed in the CPU. I guess ill peel it off, im just a little worried that it said WARRANTY--VOID IF REMOVED. any ideas?

Remove it, that is the most ridiculous spot to put a sticker. I don't think the reseller ever actually intended for it to not be removed. No one else has that sticker and Intel still honors their waranties...

Someone else, here on the forums had this exact same thing happen. I think it is BS. Send it back and tell them to shove it up their A**. :eek: They shouldn't put that on there. BTW, where did you get it, I may have to email them.

Is the chip actually what you paid for? Is the sticker trying to hide something, and are they trying to scare people from removing it?

got it from www.portatech.com (ya, ive never heard of them either) but I removed the stupid sticker and temps went from 36C to 28C idle, and from 59C down to 42C, this is without breaking in the TIM remember. So I think thats a good improvement! :thup: BTW it was $166 for the processor which is pretty cheap compared to most places (actually cheapest on pricewatch.com) but the CPU came in a static-free bag and only a piece of foam to prevent the pins from bending...I couldnt believe it made it thru the mail unharmed lol o well not gonna order from them again, at least i got the 30 cap and thats whats important. :clap:

Back