• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2e help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agentbad

spec:
[email protected] v1.65 (SL6WT)
abit ic7-g max2
2x512 corsair xms
2x160gb seagate barracudas
x800pro(non-vivo) 540/500
audigy 2 zs
thermaltake 480w silentpower

thinking about upgrading to to a 3.2e since ive seen a lot of people having great success hitting the 4ghz mark with it. just curious what mods ill need to perform and precautions i should take before attempting such a feat. maybe some guides to read as well. aslo which version of chip i should look for that will oc the best.

Three things to remember when overclocking a Prescott: cooling, cooling, and cooling.

Until you have to start bumping up vcore, not much you have to mod other than using a good CPU heatsink and having decent case ventilation. If you are going to push your O/C, then seriously consider sinking up the mosfets. Check out the links in my signature for cooling ideas.

The better overclockers will be the E0 stepping.

cooling shouldn't be an issue since i already have a solid copper thermalright sp94 hsf with sunon tornado fan. now that i think about it i do need to add a fan controller for it because right now i just have it wire modded for 5v. how would i go about adding a rheostat or something easier? saw that mod for a blow hole on the top of the case, very cool. i really do need to mod my case for better air flow (antec super lanboy.)

thanks,
agentbad

Last edited:
The Antec Lanboy cases are pretty good, but they can be improved by cutting out the fan openings. Post the rheostat question in the cooling section if you want response to that question. I know you can buy nice fan controllers that are plug and play. I like my top blowhole because hot air naturally rises in a tower case. When I put my hand above that exhaust fan, I can definitely feel hot air blowing out.

Back