• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Bartons : Which One To Keep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yousearch

Registered
Hey Everybody,

I've got a strange dilemma. I got a little Barton crazy and ended up with what will be 3 Barton CPUs by Tuesday. LOL.

I currently have an AQUCA 0323 TPMW 2500+. With this particular CPU, I'm able to get to 2170MHz ( 13.0 x 166 ) with the SLK-800 Delta 80mm Monster Fan combo.

My question is as follows:

Out of the following three, which one should I keep, and which ones should I sell/get rid of?

AQUCA 0323
AQUCA 0311
AQXCA 0311

Common sense would tell me that my current AQUCA will outdo the 0311 AQUCA, as the production process is refined, HOWEVER, I've seen several threads where people have claimed higher OCs on their 0311 AQUCAs than I'm seeing right now (to get the 2170MHz, I already have to push the voltage past default)

The AQXCA 0311 seems like it COULD be good, based on the fact that 90% or so of online reviews of the 3200+ made use of AQXCA steppings. I figure that I should be able to hit 2.2GHz at default voltage, with a simple multiplier change yes/no?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm kinda lost and really don't have time to test each CPU extensively when they get here.

Peace

What stable speeds are you trying to assertain? Personally, test out each chip at its default vcore, and depending on what mobo you have, up the multi on it, and see how far each chip will go into windows (XP ihope)... Take your time doing this... u might find your gold cpu is just sitting there to be test and spanked up a notch. record all ur findings, then when you're ready, post up which cpu is max out at, an put ur price on it. Good luck.

I would keep all 3 if at all possible

3 CPUs :drool: :drool: :drool:

Are they financially burdening you now you've bought them? no. They just sit. All are good chips, I say keep them

Man, if I had a 3 CPU capable motherboard, I would ,LOL. But I don't, and I'm strapped for cash, so I gotta sell 2 :(

Peace

I had one before but it was defective. I sent that one back and waited on a replacement. It took a while, so I bought another one. That one was backed up (leading me to believe seller no longer wanted to sell) so I bought one locally. Local one bought, replacement comes in, and seller contacts me with payment request. That's how I got 3 :)

Peace

The AQXCA will do the best by quite a bit over the others. Yes, reaching 2.2 should very simple with it. 2.4 would be possible with your hardware.

if i were you id test them all, and keep the one that oc/d highest, and sell the lower ones

Thus far, the AQUCA is holding up better allowing me to boot into Windows XP @ 2.3GHz on air, with my Delta monster fan at exactly 1/4 speed (as determined by knob setting on the Vantec Nexus Rheobus)

Peace

Back