• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3007WFP-HC resolution question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

3007WFP-HC can pump out 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz

Apparently only dual DVI cards can pump out this kind of resolution.

I have a 7950GT (in SLI) and In windows > Display Properties > Resolution I can only do a max of 2048 x 1536.

My question is:

Who on earth is pumping out 2560 x 1600?

What games can run at these kind of resolutions?

Am I going to get some playable FPS at these kind of resolutions with a pair of 7950GT in SLI?

From my understanding this LCD does not suport any typical TV input it only suports DVI ie you cano only plug it into a PC. So IF I want to watch TV on this monster I have to get a TV card for my PC. Will my TV card display normal TV 2560 x 1600?

Will a DVD suport a resolution of 2560 x 1600?

Last edited:
as for the tv portion your monitor will only display tv in the resolution it is broadcast ie 640x480 for normal or 1920x1080i if you get HDTV. Depending on the tv tuner card you get (i would really recommend getting an hd capable one) you could probably get some ota (over the air) hd channels if you don't have hd programming already available to you through the cable company. By the way, someone correct me if i am wrong, but you dont need dual cards to run this monitor, only dual dvi connectors. I believe you could hook up the monitor to one card. And I am pretty sure that sli will require that wont it? I thought if you ran sli you could not plug a monitor into the second card. (Not sure on that one)

Mycobacteria said:
3007WFP-HC can pump out 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz

Apparently only dual DVI cards can pump out this kind of resolution.

I have a 7950GT (in SLI) and In windows > Display Properties > Resolution I can only do a max of 2048 x 1536.

My question is:

Who on earth is pumping out 2560 x 1600?
<--- is pumping out 2560x1600 pixels.
Make sure your drivers are updated if you can't get the correct resolution.

Mycobacteria said:
What games can run at these kind of resolutions?

Most modern games. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com

Mycobacteria said:
Am I going to get some playable FPS at these kind of resolutions with a pair of 7950GT in SLI?

Yes, at least with lighting and AA off.

Mycobacteria said:
From my understanding this LCD does not suport any typical TV input it only suports DVI ie you cano only plug it into a PC. So IF I want to watch TV on this monster I have to get a TV card for my PC. Will my TV card display normal TV 2560 x 1600?
It should stretch the image to whatever you want. It's still processing at most 1080i resolution.

Mycobacteria said:
Will a DVD suport a resolution of 2560 x 1600?
Same as above.

From my understanding its not dual vid card its a dual DVI card. ie the old AGP style cards wont suport the high resolution.

I would be kinda disapointed if I couldnt run a game at 2560 x 1600 and not have some eye candy to go with it AAx4 lighting on etc. Maybe I have to upgrade to 8800GTX:)

IAmMoen said:
as for the tv portion your monitor will only display tv in the resolution it is broadcast ie 640x480 for normal or 1920x1080i if you get HDTV. Depending on the tv tuner card you get (i would really recommend getting an hd capable one) you could probably get some ota (over the air) hd channels if you don't have hd programming already available to you through the cable company. By the way, someone correct me if i am wrong, but you dont need dual cards to run this monitor, only dual dvi connectors. I believe you could hook up the monitor to one card. And I am pretty sure that sli will require that wont it? I thought if you ran sli you could not plug a monitor into the second card. (Not sure on that one)

I have a DVICO FusionHDTV5 USB.

You are correct; you need a single video card with a dual-link DVI port. SLI just boosts performance.

For Crossfire, I could hook up 3 monitors to my two video cards, and only the Crossfired one will work in games.

Mycobacteria said:
From my understanding its not dual vid card its a dual DVI card. ie the old AGP style cards wont suport the high resolution.

I would be kinda disapointed if I couldnt run a game at 2560 x 1600 and not have some eye candy to go with it AAx4 lighting on etc. Maybe I have to upgrade to 8800GTX:)

If you run 2560 with a single card, you pretty much have to run vanilla. If you have SLI, then you can turn those things on, up to a point.

Thanks for all your help dogbert.

I dont see a lot of games in that website that suport the 2560 x 1600:confused:
A few of them suport 1920x1200 and most are running at even less!

What happens to these games when I play on the dell 30". When they are scalled down to 1920x1200 do they end up looking like lego pieces on the 30"?

I have a coupon for dell that gives 10% off all LCDs and at the moment the Dell 30" is on special with $600 off. Total price after coupon is $1860 (Australian Dollars)

I was goin to get the 2407 but in Australia the A002-A003 is still being shipped out, and I would prefrer to get the A004 revision.

a single 8800gtx will run the max res. on that monitor on high settings. if you have a cpu to back that up, of course.

it will prob. change as new games come out but for now, it's fine.

Im not sure how it will run with the following PC:

Asus P5N32 SLI SE
Dual core 960 OCed to 4.5
2 Gb Corsair Dominator 800mhz
7950GT in SLI OCed to GTX specs
2 WD raptors in Raid 0

What are your thoughts?

I also hear the massive LCD heats up a lot but does not effect the image or anything. How hot is this thing can it heat up a small bed room or what?

Last edited:
Not sure how your 7950GTs will do but I can give you my experiences with the 8800GTXs.

Single 8800GTX
BF2: 2560x1600 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = Holds 90-100fps for most things
BF2142: 1920x1200 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = Holds 60-70fps for most things
BF2142: 2560x1600 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = Holds 50fps for most things

SLI 8800GTXs
BF2: 2560x1600 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = 120-150+fps nearly all the time
BF2142: 2560x1600 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = 100-110fps

Just for comparison:
ATI 1800XT 256mb
BF2: 2560x1600 Max everything in game 16AF 4AA + Adaptive AA Max = 20-25fps

BTW I've been privileged enough to have both the Dell 3007WFP-HC and the original 3007WFP, and running both side by side I still favour the original 3007WFP for colour as I find the 3007WFP-HC has too much contrast making reds especially, too vibrant and unrealistic. I work in repro as a trade (colour correction/retouching) and find the older 3007WFP to be more accurate out of the box than the 3007WFP-HC, but I find gaming looks nicer on the 3007WFP-HC. So I swapped monitors and have the 3007WFP-HC for work and the 3007WFP for play.

Also I have the Apple 30" cinema display at work and find this is supperior to both dells but only just and it doesn't justify the additional cost of the apple.

I know the 3007WFP has a wider colour gamut and therefore should be better than both the Apple and the 3007WFP, but, until I can compare all 3 together (once I've calibrated them all) I cannot say for sure, just my initial reactions.

I have had 4 dell monitors (2x 3007FPWs Rev1 1x 3007FPW Rev2 + 1x 3007WFP-HC) and have found the colour to be very inconsistent between them, some blue cast and some yellow cast (especially the 3007WFP-HC) which has put me off running dual.

This isn't a big problem for work as I use the GRETAGMACBETH EYE ONE DISPLAY 2 CALIBRATOR http://www.jigsaw24.com/proddesc.asp?ITEM=X699AHA which will sort out any colour issues but is not a viable option for home use.

One things for sure, I wouldn't want to game without my 30" LCD anymore, at first it seems way too big but you soon get used to it ;)

Edit: It does get hot but nothing to worry about, no more than a plasma tv.

BT

don't be afraid of the heat it produces - unless it's a very tiny bedroom, it won't be a problem :p

i think you should be fine. even though both cpu and vid. cards are a previous generation, they still have plenty of power. at least with the current games, that is. by the time you'd need more, q3 pricecuts will be upon us and you'd be able to upgrade without mortgaging the house.

another thing is, antialiasing and all other image enhancing technologies are great but with that resolution you'd hardly see the difference, so running with med-high settings, which you should be able to, would be just fine. all that aa stuff really seems not important when you suddenly realize that the gun you wield on the screen is actually life-sized :p

Back