• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

32GB of RAM on ASRock Extreme6 Z77?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, thanks. I will check that in the morning, especially the XMP. I did see that setting. I saw I could toggle 'auto' or 'XMP profile' (or something like that).

I have a two pairs of GSkill Trident 2400Mhz ram DDR3 for my Gigabye 990FXA board that works only at 1333mhz but if I remove two and use only 2/4 sticks it works on XMP at 2133mhz without any other overclocking, and only found one program, Handbrake that ever used more than 16GB (21GB). I may readd the other two sticks when games start to use them, but perhaps by that time i might move on to a new pc. I also just got 16GB of VRAM too now :) 2133mhz vs 1333 is a very good improvement of 2-3fps in 4k, so very helpful.

ASRock replied and stated this:

'Hello,

You may tried without loading the XMP 1.3 profile, just select the DRAM Freq and set the memory to 1600mhz and see if that make any different.'

After looking in the BIOS, my system already detected the RAM frequency at 1600, so I am leaving everything alone. Systems are running nice and stable with 32GB of RAM now.

Back