• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

33C full load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timdog

Well I had my temps down to 36-38C under full load, but I wanted more. So, I put a PCI blower fan in and found a 92mm fan I had lying around. I took out the plates in front of my case where a CD drive would go. I placed the 92mm fan there and used a few sticky holders to hold it in place. The fan exhausts the hot air out of the top of my case. I felt like doing this instead of doing a blowhole.(although once I can get my hands on a dremel I'll try a blowhole to replace this) I then took all my wires which had been put right under my DVD/DD5 and put them on the one side of my optical drive cage. This has dropped my load down a lot and it is still fairly quiet. To make sure that this was true I fired up a game with folding@home running. I really think that people should start using games to test their temps because otherwise your video card will not be under full load also. This could add a few degrees to that load temp if you power up a really graphic intensive program.

My heatsink is a SLK900U/AS3. I have a 92mm Panaflo H1A on it.

Actually current is 34C with prim95 running/music/folding@home/misc programs I run in the background.

folding and prime? weird. really nice temps, though...maybe i'll do a blowhole someday....too scared to ruin my purdy case right now...

Como said:
folding and prime? weird. really nice temps, though...maybe i'll do a blowhole someday....too scared to ruin my purdy case right now...

Yeah, he's not really folding AND running prime :)

Yeah I was folding and running Prime95... Not that Folding@home was really doing much but it did raise the temp a C. And yes I can hear fine. I use Panaflo fans and it really didn't make a difference when I added the 92mm fan.

Back