• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 predator fit 775?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benscoobert

Having recently read the review of the predator 240 in custom pc magazine I thought sod it I'll have one for my q9650 and when the 980ti block comes out I'll grab one of those, this would mean it is compatible with my planned mobo/cpu upgrade next year.

In the mag it says it fits 775.
I ordered it, but now the manufacturers specs don't mention 775, only 1150/1151/1155/1156/2011/2011v3

So any ideas if it will fit my 775?

Nope. If it doesn't mention it, it won't fit. It's a new unit and 775 is a dead socket. It only supports the latest sockets. No legacy support.

found this on another forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Silly yet not at the same time question: is this compatible with socket 775?

Like a normal Supremacy MX it isn't compatible with socket 775 out of the box. You would need to buy the EK-Supremacy EVO Backplate and possibly the EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount

Email the manufacturer for 100% certainty. Our guess is as good as yours....unless by some coincidence someone has one on s775...

Well it arrived and I had a brief measure using mount of the thermalrite ultra 120 extreme and ll lined up.

The backplate from my thermalrite ultra 120 extreme had to be used.

The 360 front plate has movable screw location, the back plate does not, thankfully the screw pitch was the same too.

So yes it fits if you get a back plate.

Temperatures wise, I set everything on low as it will go and it out performs the tru120e by 3-5 degrees per core.

The rad totally fills the front of an antec 900 case so relocation of drives was needed.

2015-11-13 12.42.45 reduced.jpg

Well it arrived and I had a brief measure using mount of the thermalrite ultra 120 extreme and ll lined up.

The backplate from my thermalrite ultra 120 extreme had to be used.

The 360 front plate has movable screw location, the back plate does not, thankfully the screw pitch was the same too.

So yes it fits if you get a back plate.

Temperatures wise, I set everything on low as it will go and it out performs the tru120e by 3-5 degrees per core.

The rad totally fills the front of an antec 900 case so relocation of drives was needed.

View attachment 171146

Great info there Ben, thanks for the followup!

Meh, having the right backplate for a lot of these blocks is half the battle since blocks are made to fit darn near everything (and S775 is VERY close to 1150/1151. Remember there were boards with both when 1150 came out. :)

Back