• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 price drops 8/1/07 $100 ALL MODELS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That author doesn't sound too confident of his source judging by his comments toward the bottom. I hope it's true. Sony would have almost no choice but to slash their price significantly if this story turns out to be true.

I hope it's true, although I'll believe it when I see it with the way rumors keep flying around about price cuts lately...even when Sony announces it it isn't exactly true......also I had thought Microsoft ditched the core system.

Well if the 360 becomes the lowest price option... whoa! $300 US for a brand new Elite is not sounding so bad. I don't see how Sony could get anyone still on the fence to go PS3, even after their E3 dominance. Their limited supply of 60GB at "low cost" sounds like a crack dealer strategy if this article is true. Problem is, I don't think it's gonna work.

I wonder if they'll ever really get rid of that silly core system. I would be a good time to axe it if they really cut the premium price by $100 (big if).

No sources quoted, no mention on any major gaming blogs (the dtoid community blogs are full of fail and lose), and absolutely no mention from Microsoft.

I call shens. I'll believe it when I see it.

Oni said:
No sources quoted, no mention on any major gaming blogs (the dtoid community blogs are full of fail and lose), and absolutely no mention from Microsoft.

I call shens. I'll believe it when I see it.

I would normally agree, but people at Digg say this guy is a reliable source. Also, when the PS3 price dropped, I got the news from a Digg link to a blog from a guy they quoted as a reliable source. The Digg community knows who and who not to trust.

I don't care what they know. Until I see in black and white Microsoft themselves state that yes, this is what we're doing, I call shens.

Just call me Thomas. ;)

Oni said:
I don't care what they know. Until I see in black and white Microsoft themselves state that yes, this is what we're doing, I call shens.

Just call me Thomas. ;)

I should have been Thomas with the MGS rumor and won't make that mistake again... atleast for a few weeks:D

FudgeNuggets said:
I would normally agree, but people at Digg say this guy is a reliable source. Also, when the PS3 price dropped, I got the news from a Digg link to a blog from a guy they quoted as a reliable source. The Digg community knows who and who not to trust.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Right. While I'm not saying they're wrong in this case, I won't trust a group of 14-year-olds and basement-dwelling IT guys to tell me who is a reliable source and who is not.

I think if Microsoft is going to drop the price on August 1st then they're not going to announce it until July 31st...they wouldn't just kill two weeks of console sales.

I happend to be in the mall today so I asked Gamestop what they're policy is on if you have so many days after purchase if an item goes on sale if you get the diffeence back. They said 30 days but thats only for Gamestop sales....if it's nationwide Microsoft drop your SOL. I wonder what some other stores policies are.

blueswitch said:
I happend to be in the mall today so I asked Gamestop what they're policy is on if you have so many days after purchase if an item goes on sale if you get the diffeence back. They said 30 days but thats only for Gamestop sales....if it's nationwide Microsoft drop your SOL. I wonder what some other stores policies are.

That's why I almost always buy from Wal Mart. They'll refund your difference within 90 days and as long as you have the box they'll take back nearly anything.

Blackstar said:
And even if they do, it's still 100 bucks too expensive. ;)

- Blackstar

I agree I still won't buy one of those xbox 3 ****tys,even if they were 50.00 for the elite.

Fr3@k3r said:
you keep refering to the #1 selling next gen console as the 3 ****ty's... apparently since you dont own one, and apparently wont ever own one from your numerous comments how do you even know?

Don't feed the trolls my friend ;)

Back