• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 price drops 8/1/07 $100 ALL MODELS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nakatalee said:
Agreed, I have a feeling that Microsoft if not confident enough with the HD-DVD. I predict that eventually a blu-ray external drive will be available for the Xbox 360.

If from the beginning they were sure with HD-DVD, they would have included it on the Xbox 360 original release.
Ha, I doubt it.
They never put HDDVD in the 360 because the 360's release price would been higher then the PS3's price, it did come out a year before the PS3, back when BD drives were $4000 and HDDVD drives costed $1200.

Shell said:
Ha, I doubt it.
They never put HDDVD in the 360 because the 360's release price would been higher then the PS3's price, it did come out a year before the PS3, back when BD drives were $4000 and HDDVD drives costed $1200.

But Microsoft came right out and said they didn't have much long-term confidence in HD-DVD. They said something like "it's not a proven format."

for $200 and some times conning with 5 extra hd dvd movies its good for some one who wants HD-DVD but nothing else

MS Lied to us.

Dragon Slayer HD will be out on DVD:p

Sounds like a hamstrung attempt to sell HD-DVD units. I'd hate to be the poor ******** stuck on that doomed project. We have this drive thats an addon, that costs a bit too much, gets absolutely no promotion/advertising and MS won't make games or enhanced versions of games for. I can just see the poor ******** begging for advertising funds or a special version of Halo 3 and getting the HD remastered version of Dragon Slayer instead.

Back