• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 price drops 8/1/07 $100 ALL MODELS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fr3@k3r said:
you keep refering to the #1 selling next gen console as the 3 ****ty's... apparently since you dont own one, and apparently wont ever own one from your numerous comments how do you even know?

I had one so I do know. I spent about 600.00 and the friggin thing died on me a year later. Don't get me wrong while I had it running the 360 was an awesome gaming experience. I'm just ****ed something that expensive dies in a short period of time and then to read all of the info that comes out that there is a design flaw is just annoying. Microsoft should have never released the 360 in it's current state. You can't really believe they didn't have an idea this thing was running on a bad design. Anyway I have 15 games left and I'm going to get a PS3 and trade the 360 games in at game stop so all is good. The 360 is fun if it stays running long enough to enjoy it.

FudgeNuggets said:
Don't feed the trolls my friend ;)

I'm not a Troll and I'm not here to start anything Microsoft just really screwed a lot of people that's all. I done bashing the 360 I will cool the angry one line comments so you don't feel baited.

Pretty much the same reasoning for my feelings on the PS1 and PS2, Saints. Whatchagonadoo if the laser units in the PS3s start crapping out after a year like the PS1 and PS2 did?

Manufacturers in all kinds of industries do this ALL THE TIME. I work for a manufacturer and I can tell you we have shipped and sold products for thousands of dollars (nevermind $600) that are complete junk and we knew it. Guess what, most of them came back but some didn't. Or we managed to fix em enough in the field to get them working ok. And then find loopholes in the warranty to screw everyone else. Yup, life sucks!

BTW most of our products are actually really good. Just one in particular I am talking about that we don't really sell anymore.

FudgeNuggets said:
Pretty much the same reasoning for my feelings on the PS1 and PS2, Saints. Whatchagonadoo if the laser units in the PS3s start crapping out after a year like the PS1 and PS2 did?

You are right there it may happen. I really wanted another xbox but I'm so gun shy on spending that much again. I guess I'm so mad because I really enjoyed the xbox 360 and invested so much. All my games are legit retail games so just in games I invested a lot. I don't know I guess I'll give the Ps3 a chance and take the low risk odds that the lasers won't go out. You have agree that the xbox failure rate is crazy at any rate. I really wanted the elite hoping the flaw was fixed but it sounds like they just did a temp patch job with those also.

Thund3rball said:
Manufacturers in all kinds of industries do this ALL THE TIME. I work for a manufacturer and I can tell you we have shipped and sold products for thousands of dollars (nevermind $600) that are complete junk and we knew it. Guess what, most of them came back but some didn't. Or we managed to fix em enough in the field to get them working ok. And then find loopholes in the warranty to screw everyone else. Yup, life sucks!

BTW most of our products are actually really good. Just one in particular I am talking about that we don't really sell anymore.

True I guess you just move on and call it good. After looking at the future library of the PS3 I'm looking forward to some of the exclusives coming out. I never had any problems with the Playstations so I guess my trust is there just as many most likely never had any problems with the xbox so the lies other peoples loyalty and trust. BTW are the elites fixed?

Saints 26 said:
True I guess you just move on and call it good. After looking at the future library of the PS3 I'm looking forward to some of the exclusives coming out. I never had any problems with the Playstations so I guess my trust is there just as many most likely never had any problems with the xbox so the lies other peoples loyalty and trust. BTW are the elites fixed?

1. Assuming you still have your 360, it would make much more sense to send it in and get it fixed with a 3-year extended warranty. You're going to lose quite a bit of money should you decide to trade in your console and all of those games. If you still want a PS3 I would encourage you to just save up the money instead of getting rid of your 360 at a loss because you might be upset.

2. Many Elites come with the Benq DVD drive which is near-silent and does not chew up your games. Newer Elites also have an additional heatsink that Microsoft has up to this point only been adding on consoles that have been sent in for repair.

deception``

Thought it was just a $50 price drop on the Core and the Premium and a $80 price drop on the Elite making room for an what Elite Elite with a bigger drive possibly.

I still wouldn't get one unless its on the new core thats coming out.

FudgeNuggets said:

Hey.. I had my PS1 and PS2 both from launch days and they still work fine to this day :p except for a minor problem in my PS2, the second player control slot doesnt work anymore (not a big deal tho)

deception`` said:
1. Assuming you still have your 360, it would make much more sense to send it in and get it fixed with a 3-year extended warranty. You're going to lose quite a bit of money should you decide to trade in your console and all of those games. If you still want a PS3 I would encourage you to just save up the money instead of getting rid of your 360 at a loss because you might be upset.

2. Many Elites come with the Benq DVD drive which is near-silent and does not chew up your games. Newer Elites also have an additional heatsink that Microsoft has up to this point only been adding on consoles that have been sent in for repair.

deception``

i have the 360 but sold the power supply to someone on a Saints football board I frequent. I hear ya about the repair route and I still may do that.

bohansen said:
Hey.. I had my PS1 and PS2 both from launch days and they still work fine to this day :p except for a minor problem in my PS2, the second player control slot doesnt work anymore (not a big deal tho)

I've have a flawless 360 from launch, that doesn't mean Saints 26 experience or a few million other peoples is the same as mine.

Saints 26 said:
i have the 360 but sold the power supply to someone on a Saints football board I frequent. I hear ya about the repair route and I still may do that.

You had red ring of death? If so send it in and order a new power supply. If you still feel burnt by MS you will get a lot more for a working 360 with 15 games then you will for 15 games (you'll get the cost of the power supply back and then some) or if you want another go at it you can keep the 360 AND get the PS3.

Best of both worlds or atleast some extra cash in your pockets.

OC Noob said:
I've have a flawless 360 from launch, that doesn't mean Saints 26 experience or a few million other peoples is the same as mine.

You had red ring of death? If so send it in and order a new power supply. If you still feel burnt by MS you will get a lot more for a working 360 with 15 games then you will for 15 games (you'll get the cost of the power supply back and then some) or if you want another go at it you can keep the 360 AND get the PS3.

Best of both worlds or atleast some extra cash in your pockets.

After thinking about it that is the smartest thing to do. I'm gonna send this thing in for repair and get the pS3. The best of both worlds is a good thing to have.

Saints 26 said:
After thinking about it that is the smartest thing to do. I'm gonna send this thing in for repair and get the pS3. The best of both worlds is a good thing to have.

Agreed.

The more games you have access to the better:)

bohansen said:

eh, not everyone has got the red ring with the 360 either, kid :shrug:

i still wouldnt pay $350 for a 360. im in the process of purchasing one for $180 lol. $200 is the selling point for me considering it has the chance to brick

Back