• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ with EB Platinums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tiro Afila

Registered
OK, I am having problems getting a good overclock with my PC. I have a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D..3700 Sandiego CPU and 2 x 1GB EB Platinum.
What I am thinking is that I possibly have some of the secondary timings.drive strength settings wrong in the bios for this combo. I am finding that this seems to be a particularily troublesome trio, and your help would be much appreciated. Up to date, my best OC is 260X10. It is prime stable and gives me a 31 seconds 1M superpi score.

What I am asking is if anyone else runs this 3some (dfi ultra-d/3700sandy/ocz eb PC4000 Plats)
and is gettings prime stable OC to 2700mhz+ if they could post there full memory timings and drive strengths here. This would be greatly appreciated, and thanks a bunch in advance!!

P.S. Please also let me know if your superpi score is 32 or better, cause I am able to get 2.7 stable, but only with my memory so slow that I get a 34-35 second pi run.

you should use a divider to cut the memory down to ~200 till you find you max CPU oc, then start oc'ing your ram but upping the divider/lowering HT and/or dropping CPU multiplier/raising fsb...

OK, sry. I guess I didnt make myself very clear.
I have been fighting with this CPU since I got it. (and learning lots)
My max cpu OC is 2.9GHZ
My Max HTT is 312
My Max ram that passes memcheck is 280

but I am not able to get a stable run when I push the CPU to anything over 2.7 with my memory over 200mhz. I have tried 9x 10X and 11X and I always get to the same speed...2700mhz. I have read that there are some issues with the sandy and the eb platinum PC4000s, and I was wondering if anyone else has had success with these specific components.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, right now I am running tonys 704-2bta, and I have tried some of the earlier ones as well. I have tried my ram in both the yellow slots and the orange slots. Same results both ways.

Yes I have. In both the yellow and the orange slots. I can get a bit better OC (2-4mhz) with one chip at a time, but its the same with both chips, so I dont think its a faulty ram module.

haven't done the search, but are those rated 2-3-2-5 @ 200?

if so, you'd probably need to loosen to as far as 3-4-4-8 @ 260...., but i'd hope for you to get 2.5-3-3-7

but this is for ram oc

if you're unhappy with your cpu oc, i wouldn't, 2.6 is nice

what kind of cooling do you have, what vcore are you using, vdimm? chipset?

if you could, please post screenshots of cpu-z(both cpu and memory tabs)

are you lowering your HT multiplier(stock is x5, if running 260, would suggest you lower it to x3)

EDIT: also, incase nooneelse has said it, :welcome:

Last edited:
The ram is rated 3 3 2 8 250 (Its DDR500). I am using the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro for cooling. I have tried running everything from 1.5v-1.64v vcore and 2.5v-2.9v vdimm. I have lowered my HT multi to 3x.
I am at work and so I cant post cpuz right now, but I can post my settings.
I can run 260FSBX10 at 1:1 mem speed, 9hrs+ prime stable with the following settings.(I stop prime with no errors)

200 (1:1 divider)
enable (1T)
auto
enabled
auto
level 8
level 2
auto
DRAM Response Time: normal
auto
disable
disable

In Genie Bios:

260fsb
3xhtt
16 16
10xmulti
disable
vcore 1.500v
ht 1.20v
chipset 1.40v
ram 2.6v

and yet I cant run the following settings at 246fsbX11.

180mhz divider(which means I run down at 225mhz actuall ram speed)
enable (1T)
auto
enabled
auto
level 8
level 2
auto
DRAM Response Time: normal
auto
disable
disable

In Genie Bios:

246fsb
4xhtt (have also tried auto and 3x)
16 16
11xmulti
disable
vcore 1.64v
ht 1.40v
chipset 1.50v
ram 2.6v (tried 2.7 2.5 2.8 2.83)

I have tried 9x as well, and only get to 2700~mhz as well, on a memory divider as well

:bang head

Molester said:
haven't done the search, but are those rated 2-3-2-5 @ 200?

if so, you'd probably need to loosen to as far as 3-4-4-8 @ 260...., but i'd hope for you to get 2.5-3-3-7

but this is for ram oc

if you're unhappy with your cpu oc, i wouldn't, 2.6 is nice

what kind of cooling do you have, what vcore are you using, vdimm? chipset?

if you could, please post screenshots of cpu-z(both cpu and memory tabs)

are you lowering your HT multiplier(stock is x5, if running 260, would suggest you lower it to x3)

EDIT: also, incase nooneelse has said it, :welcome:

Do you think he would really need to change his timmings that much ? I mean stock 2-3-2-5 and @ 260 way up @ cas 3 ? I have pc4200 ocz ram and it is stock 2.5-3-3-8 but it runs fine @ 280 2.5-3-3-5

edit - nm just thought about my post my stock timmings are 2.5-3-3-8 @ 263

Have you tried running the ram at 2T? I'm working on a new Sandy 3700+ build right now, and it seems that as soon as I throw the memory on a divider (2x1 gb G. Skill HZ), i've got to run 2T to get things stable. Weak memory controller on the sandy i guess :confused:

Also, if you're looking for specific timings to try with that memory/board, you might want to try the dfi-street forums; they can be very helpful.

I can run 2t timings, but even at 2.8ghz It is slower then running 2.6 at 1t, so Its not a reasonable option for me, and ya I spend alot of time over at the DFI forums. There very helpfull also. Thanks:)

I've got a close setup with a BFG board and the 4000 EB Golds and leave them on 2.5-3-3-8 (above DDR500 that last number needs to be 8 or 9 if you go higher that DDR520). You should be able to drop to the 183 ram divider but leave the HTT alone until you reboot at least one. I learned this, don't tweek ram and htt timings on the same reboot at high OCs, it wonks the bios generated timings. My golds run best at 2.8V, below is unstable, above 2.85 yield no appreciable results. Mem set to 2.5-3-3-8. You should be able to get that sandy to HTT280 on the 10 divider and 183Mem setting. This will yield
HTT280, 2.8G CPU and ram at DDR466. You can tighten the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 or 2.5-3-2-6(possible).

The BFG board is my wall.

I just read through the OC database on 4 different forums and have yet to find a 3700 that overclocks well with OCZ EB ram. Almost all the good clocks are G-Skill and Corsair, or OCZ EL ram, but nothing yet with EB. Is that wierd or ...

Maybe OCZ will swap my ram for some EL...hehe. The EB ram is great, but doesnt seem to be great with the Sandiego cores...just a thought...

Tiro Afila said:
I just read through the OC database on 4 different forums and have yet to find a 3700 that overclocks well with OCZ EB ram. Almost all the good clocks are G-Skill and Corsair, or OCZ EL ram, but nothing yet with EB. Is that wierd or ...

Maybe OCZ will swap my ram for some EL...hehe. The EB ram is great, but doesnt seem to be great with the Sandiego cores...just a thought...
Point us some links, I had a devil of a time figuring out this RAM. That's why I posted to offer help. Harlam357 is using Skill-Plats and he's got a killer set of TCCD sticks doing 580-600. I have 2 pairs of the EBs, I'm hoping to at least get a little more than DDR520 from them but not counting on it!

I have the same problem. I have a 3700+ Sandy KAB2E in an ASrock dual sata2 bios 2.30 and I cant get my OCZ GX XTC Golds (2x1gb 2-3-3-5 @ 2.8v) to run 1T even at stock timings and speed. Since the mem controllers are on the CPU die maybe the sandy cores do have weak controllers :shrug:

I got a DFI nforce 4 board to run this mighty 3700+ San Diego but failed miserably to get it anything faster than 2.70 Ghz. It frustrated me so much after hours of toiling away on the settings!

Just for kicks I removed the core and put it into my brother's MSI system which had much more "simple" overclocking settings and voila... an easy 3.0 Ghz stable without much voltage at all!

I simply returned the DFI and bought a simpler ASUS SLI board (researched for it's pretty good overlocking capability) and have been enjoying it ever since.

Remember that the core processor is more important for results than memory. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of being anything below 2.8 for this mightey babies! The San Diego's are amazing!

Tap their potential dude!

Back