• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ with EB Platinums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would be interested to see a screen shot of A64 tweaker (or another program like that) on the Asus system, and see what values the asus board uses. I realize you proly dont want to rip your system apart again so it wont be possible.
The way I see it there are 3 possibilitys

Your secondary timings where off on your DFI board
your Sandiego CPU did not work well with your board/bios
Asus has better default secondary timings for your memory/cpu combo.

Now all I have to figure out is what are those timings that changed your chip from a measly 2.7ghz to a blazing 3ghz with the change of a board.

I will not give up, I will not give up, I will not give up....hehe:bang head :bang head :bang head (boy this will feel good when I stop)

P.S. Would also be interesting to know if you used the same ram or not.

Last edited:
I got my new board last night (rma'd my old one, cause the ram voltage would only adjust with the 4V dram jumper enabled, otherwise it was stuck at 2.39v) Anyways, I messed with some more memory settings, and tried to get it to run at 2.7 with 1.58v vcore..It was close. I was only able to get .5 an hour prime, but just could not pull that last few MHZ out of it. I jumped the voltage up to 1.62 and I ran 24 minutes prime stable @ 2728mhz. I went down to 2706mhz and ran 6 hours before it got an error. Today, I will try at 2695mhz. I think Im close. My memory is running at 3 3 8 2 1T @ 246mhz (I tried loosening the timings, but no difference) I am getting pretty good speed on my benchmarks, and I can run 30seconds superPi at this speed, so If I can tweek a bit more, I should be able to get stable above 2.7. Is 1.62 already to high for 24/7 , or should I bump it to 1.64?? My new board has the same temps (44c) for NF4 chipset, but a little cooler (36c)on the pwrm sensor. I made sure that my CPU cooler was seated really nicely. I only placed the heat paste on the very center of the CPU as per instructions, and was very carfull not to smear it around when I installed the heatsink. Now my CPU temps are down to 45c under load and 26c at idle, while at 1.62 volts vcore!! I am running with a Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64.
Anyways, I am happy with this overclock. I guess I just dont have the CPU to run 2.8+, but I am sure its not my memory now, and besides...2.7 is not bad for a 92$ ebay CPU
Thanks again for everyones help and suggestions!

Well, its not my memory thats stopping me. On my new board, I just ran 9 hrs prime stable at 285mhz FSB X 9 = 2565MHZ at 1:1. So my memory runs great all the way up to 285 @ stock timings of 3 3 8 2 1T. I was amazed that it kept going. I guess I will just have to either be happy with the OC I have, or buy a new CPU...Thanks OCZ for the awesome ram :)

Back