• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Restarts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beyond

Registered
So i'm having an issue with my PC. Under load the computer will just randomly restart. So far WoW ultra settings does it, but if turned down will not. Installed Crysis 2 to test if it was just program related. Installed DX11 Patch with high res textures. Computer restarts just like it does in WoW, but I get the "Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance?" message before crashing. So I switch to windows classic and test again. Now it is only crashing sooner.

My specs

i7 2600k
asus p8p67 delux
4 x 4 gig corsair vengeance DDR3 1866
2 x asus radeon 6950 hd - Running dual monitors on one card
Corsair 850w hx 80 plus gold
3 hard drives
blue ray burner
running windows 7 x64 ultimate

The problem has persisted before and after a fresh windows install. I have cleaned the computer of any dust and currently running with the side off, still getting crashes. I ran prime 95 to stress test the cpu. Temps looked good and no crash. I have memtested the ram and passed. I have tested the video cards with FurMark and holding steady at 90c and stable. I have updated all my drivers and retested and still crashes. I have turned off auto restart in hopes of getting a bsod and can't seem to get one. I have checked event viewer for errors and nothing but the aburpt restarts with no more information. On one of my tests I had WoW, Crysis 2, chrome with a bunch of tabs open, aero theme, and winamp running all at once and was able to play for quite some time, until I decided to exit Crysis 2. Which was really confusing. I really want to rule this issue as being the psu, but I am having my doubts. Seeing as I can almost predict the crash most of the time, and at times everything works as it should. I am really frustrated at this point, and any help is appreciated.

Ok so I have removed one of the video cards to test them both individually. Still getting crashes. At this point I believe its the psu.

Back