• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770k won't stay @ 4.4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

Hey group, still a noob at overclocking but enjoying it. I tried BIOS and Asus Suite, and i achieved 4.4ghz stable. But CPUID shows a jump to 4.4 then settles at 1.5, how do I get it to run at 4.4 24/7? Thanks for the help!

MB: ASUS -Z77 Pro Thunderbolt CPU: I7 3770k
GPU: EVGA 670 FTW X 2 SLI
RAM: Gskill Ripjaw Z 16gb@1600
PSU: Corsair HX 1000
OCZ Agility 3 240G boot drive
WD 1tb Black
3 x Samsung 2tb (both 6gb@7200)
CM Storm Trooper

Disable EIST, C1E, C3 and C6 Reports, and Package C State Support, and make sure Windows is set to Max Performance in the Power Options.

I'm new to overclocking too and have a question. Why do you not want the chip to throttle back? I've got mine set so that when it's not working it throttles back to 1600. Put it under load and it runs up to 4700. My line of thought was that if the chip is running slower it will be cooler and that might extend its service life. Am I wrong?

Mike

You are right , I do want it to throttle back, but every time I run mark 11, it reports back that I'm running at 1500, not 4400, is there a fix for that? That us what I'm looking for, keeping my CPU at 4400 when benchmarking? Help please!

Back