• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 GHZ OC on AMD 1090T and formula IV with Cool and Quiet still enabled?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SopMod

Registered
I have my CPU automatically OCed to 3.7 ghz and cool&quiet still works. I love cool&quiet cause it doesnt take so much of energy and the PC is quiet. So my question is, is it possible to OC amd 1090t to 4 ghz with C&Q still enabled? Every time I to crank it up to 4 ghz C&Q gets reset...
Thanks!

Hehe thanks, :D. But yeah I did some research, it only changes voltages when the PC is in idle, so when it comes to gaming/rendering, its absolutely harmless. But yeah so I guess it is not possible .. :\

Hehe thanks, :D. But yeah I did some research, it only changes voltages when the PC is in idle, so when it comes to gaming/rendering, its absolutely harmless. But yeah so I guess it is not possible .. :\
It may be possible but you probably need more vCore to pull it off, which doesn't make it worth it, long term.

If you'd really like to use power saving try downloading K10Stat and playing with that. :)

Cool and Quiet is quite useless, so I'd just turn it off. The power saving you will get by decreasing the CPU voltages by like 0.05v when idle is negligible.
It's more like 0.60v, not 0.05v, and it can make a big difference if you're paying a lot for electricity. I, personally, don't care since power in Missouri is pretty cheap - we actually supply it to other states - but if I lived in SoCal or Europe I'd be thinking about it.

Cool and Quiet is quite useless, so I'd just turn it off. The power saving you will get by decreasing the CPU voltages by like 0.05v when idle is negligible.
I have to disagree with that. When I first set this build up I ran it. The peace and quiet of the slow fans and the low power usage was nice. It of course didn't last and now it is overclocked though. :cool:

Back