• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4200 x2 on asus m2v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tonac

hii. Question(sorry about bad english speling)
My amd 4200x2 wont(?) go higher then 2475 Mhz.
CPU 39c idle 47-49 full load MB 27c - 31 full load, that's good. I maybe(shore) not doing it wel. I put the Mtpl. to x11 and combine with fsb clock and voltage of proc. THE most i geth thet way is above value, any higher vont boot.
. I have chrashed the OS config file 2x(dont getit how).
Please help. My MB my bee the problem but dont know.
Memory voltage maybe?

:welcome:

Check for LDT or HT multi and set to 4X. Values are (Auto, 5x,4x,3x,2x.1x).

LDT/HT controls the frontside bus or Hyber-Transport and overclocking it will crash files. RUN CPUZ.exe to check speed, it should run from 700-1050 max.

That Processor should go to 2600 MHZ or higher.

That might be it. i will chek it. now it is on 1100 and functioning on 2,4?!

Mother trucker

No. I cheked HT and i had only freg. setings of HT (200,400,600,800,1000)like that
and link Width 16 up 16 down or the sme but 8 value.(but thats pci width, wright?)

I set HT up on (800 was)600mhz and cpu 11x227=2,5 and it did not boot. I back it up on last god and boot up
W..f...s...a...?!
Someone with the same or similar crap mb please rpl.

Last edited:
it sounds like memory problem. use divider to keep memory at rated speed or below it. also make sure memory getting enought vdimm voltage (check memory spec to find right voltage).

Tonac those settings are multipliers, they indicate what speed your HT bus is running at 200HTT. 1000=5x, 800=4x, and so on. Set it to 600 and see if you can get any higher.

At 1100 you are overclocking the HT bus and it is possible that you are pushing it too far.

Yep agreeing with the previous 2 posts.
Sorry some boards use the 5x, 4x.. numbers other use 1000,800 etc. But go back to the 600 setting.
OCH is also right, check the ram, you may need to drop the divider from 800 to 667 or if it is at 667 the 533. The resulting speed is always higher when oced.

Thanks, for explanation but i just got some urgent job so i won't be around for a wile. Heer ya all.

back in trouble

Hi. I'm back with the same problem.
Today some of my friends(who got his p4 1,86-2,8) tried to oc mine to 2,5 and did not
sucseed. After a many tries the conclusion was the Hdd is ocd too and we dont know how.
The same eror shows every time "select proper boot device". In bios the Hdd reports various from 320-19? Gb.how?dont know,and if you restrt and tri for a2-3 times the sysconfig crashes even HT is beelow 1000
And some other thing the cpu multp. wont listen on 10x he shows 1 time 11x and after reboot 10x and after another reebot 11x and wont bee stabele at 10x.
Got idea? help

Tonac said:
Hi. I'm back with the same problem.
Today some of my friends(who got his p4 1,86-2,8) tried to oc mine to 2,5 and did not
sucseed. After a many tries the conclusion was the Hdd is ocd too and we dont know how.
The same eror shows every time "select proper boot device". In bios the Hdd reports various from 320-19? Gb.how?dont know,and if you restrt and tri for a2-3 times the sysconfig crashes even HT is beelow 1000
And some other thing the cpu multp. wont listen on 10x he shows 1 time 11x and after reboot 10x and after another reebot 11x and wont bee stabele at 10x.
Got idea? help

No ideas, huh. I just think it is my crapy board (the cpu revenges me for not hawing a beter board) you see what low cost boards can do.:shrug:

i think the pci-e/pci bus are own they're on clocks from the HT speed, so ht speed being below 1000 will not stop it crashing, you need to make sure the pci-e/pci bus is locked at 100mhz/33mhz.

edit: typos galore

Back