• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Merc14 said:
OC-
That program is Everest Ultimate. In addition to the completely configurable OSD (On Screen Display) you can log your runs in as much detail as you want. That OSD can be set to display nearly any temp, voltage or speed you want and all the colors and fonts are adjustable. You can drag it anywhere you want on the page too. I removed Probe as it was a PITA and Everest is outstanding. Downside is it costs $30 but well worth it.
Oh OK. I will look into it if I persuade myself spending $30 on that Everest.
I am now priming this chip in 3ghz range. Prime has been running for couple of hrs or so. Will continue priming overnight and stop @ 12hrs. Hopefully I do the stopping instead of prime doing it for me.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8028/11122006000421vr3.jpg

hey oc, I'm the LCB9E. I updated my sig with my new max for this chip (3120) and what I'm running now stable.

ninjacore said:
hey oc, I'm the LCB9E. I updated my sig with my new max for this chip (3120) and what I'm running now stable.
Wow that's great.
screenshot of prime so i can update the data base.
members here consider prime (8-12hrs) a good stable proof of speed. Without that I dont think anyone agree w/ you or me that just a cpuz validation is enough proof of stability. Please dont get me wrong, that's how things are done around here. I myself can run Cinebench 3D in 3.xx ghz and run 3dmark0x @ that speed but do not consider it stable without having a CPU stability test running @ least 8hrs.
Please post a screenshot of your highest "prime stable" speed so I can enter it in the data base.
Thanks.
Never the less, I am very happy for you that you can now OC over 272mhz.
It helps us prove that low wattage AMD's are great OC'ers.

EDIT: to make you happy, I will enter it w/ a note that has cpuz validation and waiting for stability test.
can you post all the letters, #'s of stepping? such as : CBBIE 0612 GPMW...
thanks

Last edited:
I completely understand. I forgot to run it last night, so I'll definitely get it tonight. Hopefully it will pass ;-) and I'll have screenshots updated in my sig in the "stable" link.

stepping: LCB9E 0635 GPCW

Well, you guys and your ~3GHz OC's have finally pushed me over the edge! My ADV4400 should arrive tomorrow and a cheap, reman ASUS A8N-VM I found at Monarch may get here by Saturday. If I can get the 4400 to the 2.8GHz mark on air it'll replace the Opty in my main WC rig. I see Newegg has a Ninja for $40 and I think I'll grab it. Either way the OC turns out I'll need a good air cooler.

Edit: CCBWE 0612 DPMW

Still trying to find the stock HS for the Opty so I can compare them ...

Last edited:
CCBWE...that sucks. I had a 4400 with that stepping and it didn't turn out well. Maybe it'll do well. I had to try 4 different 4400s before I found mine. Just got lucky.

ninjacore said:
CCBWE...that sucks. I had a 4400 with that stepping and it didn't turn out well. Maybe it'll do well. I had to try 4 different 4400s before I found mine. Just got lucky.
Well, I would'nt make that final since "aaronjb" has it clocked to 2.9ghz, same stepping but week 0613.
check his sig:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=474737&page=2

QI, good luck w/ it and let us know so I can enter it in OP data.

Opty: CCBWE 0541 RPMW; Max stable OC - 2805 (255x11) w/IHS (Core 1 good to at least 260x11)
4400: CCBWE 0612 DPMW; ?????

Interesting that you mention aaronjb, one of my planned "upgrades" is to remove the IHS. Another reason I got the 4400 - I just couldn't bring myself to try de-lidding for the first time on my Opty. This machine is going to be a cheap, thrown-together test rig and SETI cruncher; de-lidding, open air (no case), cheap RAM (but OCZ!), and the MB has on-board video. It'll be kinda' like a rust-bucket hot rod ... :D

Last edited:
Popped into this thread for the first time in weeks - and there's my name. ;) I'm just starting a dual Prime95 run @270x11. Finally upped my memory voltage to 3.0 from 2.8, and we'll see if that helps with stability. It's my memory holding me back, so it might be time to use a divider and keep upping the FSB.

A pre-run pic:

(EDIT: Wow, I'm really on my game tonight. Didn't even have the right tabs open... duh.)

Idling right now at ~32C. Time to start the Prime run.

EDIT: Wow, that lasted long. Less than one second before Core0 errored. I don't have time to play any more tonight, but I'm determined to hit 3.0 Ghz over the holiday weekend.

Last edited:
aaronjb said:
Popped into this thread for the first time in weeks - and there's my name. ;) I'm just starting a dual Prime95 run @270x11. Finally upped my memory voltage to 3.0 from 2.8, and we'll see if that helps with stability. It's my memory holding me back, so it might be time to use a divider and keep upping the FSB.

A pre-run pic:

(EDIT: Wow, I'm really on my game tonight. Didn't even have the right tabs open... duh.)

Idling right now at ~32C. Time to start the Prime run.

EDIT: Wow, that lasted long. Less than one second before Core0 errored. I don't have time to play any more tonight, but I'm determined to hit 3.0 Ghz over the holiday weekend.
what vcore? also increase the chipset vcore (NB, HT link and SB)

ochungry said:
what vcore? also increase the chipset vcore (NB, HT link and SB)
I was running at 2.9 stable with 1.3v. I moved that up to 1.5v, and then got a blue screen because of a memory error. I'll play around more this weekend. For some reason, I've never acheived a much higher overclock with extreme voltages on this chip. As for the chipset VCore: Does upping the voltage on the chipset ever result in a higher overclock?

Last edited:
I have been running both HT link and NB in overvolt but SB @ stock vcore.
I am now happy to announce that for the first time I am able to run Super Pi 32M in 26:06. Too bad I had to use 183 divider because of this memory kit, otherwise I could have gotten it below 25 minutes. I am about 3.2mhz below 3ghz w/ just 1.550v vcore. I dont have water cooling so I haven't run prime95@ this speed for more than 10-15 minutes because of cpu core temp (CoreTemp utility shows it in 60's). If and when I build WC system only then I will know if stable. For now I am happy @ 2.86ghz w/ a modded heatpipe and naked chip (no IHS). This chip has been very good to me and I dont want to lose it. I dont really care much about speed or breaking any record (my own at least). So long as I know this chip can do more that's good enough for me and am happy.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6056/11212006183814pv8.jpg

Got the Ninja & MB today, de-lidded the chip this evening along with modifying the MB so everything fits as it should with the lid off. Unfortunately, I was very stupid and forgot a PSU! I kept thinking I'd just use one sitting around here then realized tonight they're all 20-pin connectors except the main rig. :( Got a nice Seasonic 430W from Newegg and went ahead and ordered new RAM (Corsair 2x512Mb 3500LL) while I was at it. Paid the extra $20 for UPS overnight so it should be here Friday ...

I think my X2 is messed up guys. :( I put my Opteron 144 into the Ultra-D for the first time today because I finally got fed up with the cold boot issues. At first I thought it was because I was overclocked and then I thought it was because I was using high voltage RAM, but it wasn't until I removed the X2 and installed the 144 that the cold-booting issues disappeared.

I wanted so badly to blame it on the motherboard.

This SI-128 heatsink seems much more capable with a single core, as I would expect. With 1.55vcore @ 2.7ghz it is keeping this 144 around 37c under load. That's much better then the 55c load temps I used to get while folding this Opteron with the stock HSF.

I hope I get a replacement X2 as good as this one...I'm not keen to the idea of spending anymore cash on anything Socket 939 or DDR1.

I have similar problems with my second 4400 ben, the first is running in another mobo @ 290x9 1:1 happy as drunken sailor. Although no cold boot issue, I think my problems are the mobo. This particular mobo has failed to ever format a hard drive in WinXP setup. Only IDE though, haven't tried SATA yet. The only way I can get XP installed is by using a Quick Format. WTF!

But I got it running and was stable @ 300x9 1:1. So just kinda ignored it blaming my problems on the media/CDRom. But a couple weeks ago I came in one morning to find the machine locked up. I started it back up... ran it... next morning it was shut down. This contined until one day it would just not boot anymore. So I did a hard clear (battery & jumper) on the CMOS and got it fired back up. ReFlashed the bios & reinstalled Windows (again Quick Format). Tried each stick of RAM individually at my full OC and still the same thing. So I've set it to stock (200x11 1:1) and it's been churning right along for the last couple days spitting out WUs. :shrug:

I think today I'm gonna swap in a SATA drive and see how it goes. I really need this baby Folding but with no OC it kinda sucks. :cry: I'd even be happy if I could get the cpu back up to 2.7GHz and leave the RAM @ 200MHz.

Good luck with yours ben! :thup:

I'm going to try 2T with the X2 tonight when I get back from skiing. This 144 is working most excellently in the Ultra-D, I even managed to push it to 2.88 GHz while keeping the CoreTemp load temp under 39c while priming. With 1.67vcore :eek:
Not bad for a CABNE 0544 opty...not good either.

Have you tried swapping X2s between your rigs Harlam?

Not yet... gonna try the SATA first and see what that does. Then if that doesn't do any good (i.e. will it format properly) I may pull one of my single core Opteron cpus and drop it in and give it a go. However, when I got this board I first tried it with one of my SC Opteron cpus... so I doubt I'll see any difference (same carp with the formatting).

But then I could drop the X2 in one of my DFI-RS482 mobos and load Ubuntu and run SMP Folding (which is my overall goal here). I'm not messin' with my other X2 4400 or my Opteron 170. They are happy and crunching... no need to go effin with them too. ;)

Back