• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4770k: modest 4.0 OC at stock volts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gloomba

I am a bit overwhelmed with deliding and changing voltage/ram timings/etc and would just like to hit a very modest 4.0ghz with my 4770k, as I am under the impression I won't have to change but a few simple settings in the BIOS.
If I could be told what I need to do for such a simple OC I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Try setting the multiplier to 40x and see if it boots and is stable. If not, try raising the core voltage .05 and check again. That is really all you should have to do.

That's what I'm saying. This o/c is so simple. Its either stock will do it, or a slight bump. No point in reading the bible at this point. :)

Thanks a lot; I will try your suggestion and report back if I can achieve 4.0ghz on stock voltage. My parts are coming Saturday so it will be a few days.

At what point does it become necessary to be concerned with ram timing?

XMP profile is a 'stored' profile in the memory that is its stock settings. You can enable within the bios. Its a 'sure fire' way to set the stock speeds.

(sorry wingy, didnt mean to steal your thunder, you werent in the thread)

Extreme Memory Profile is basically a non-JEDEC approved SPD table for your RAM that is programmed into the sticks. By setting XMP you can run the sticks at their RATED speed and timings, voltage without manually setting it in Bios.
Edit I was ninja'd:sn:

Back