• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$500 gaming and video editing computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The board that you listed here seems better than the asus one i posted for 209 and the one you posted was only 179 which is really do you know if that the board you posted is better than i posted cause it looks to me like yours is better. I just don't know how to tell what board is better for overclocking. Also can you help me find a board for my his budget is 300 its for an i7 930 the same one im getting cause there really cheap. He actually wants one that run 3 cards all at x16 if he can for $300 thanks for you help Diaz and i how do i check which ram will fit which mobo just to make sure.

Lol which asus i put up 3 different asus boards lol and what do you mean by im going with an atx setup is that a good setup or not. And what would be better 16x/16x/4x or 16x/8x/8x thanks

your friend needs to keep in mind, depending on the resolution. he wont see any gains and benchmarks do show that in some games you actually take a FPS hit. a 16/8/8 setup is going to be way to go vs the two but you would really want a 16/16/16 setup. though that does cost more money.

ight i think the best way for both of us would be just to 16/16 just run two cards and im not sure if the gskill rip jaw ram will fit in the mother boards i posted how would i find out.

lol i took a guess there thinking that i could run 16x/16x if just ran 2 cards and i wanted to know if the g skill rip jaws which are ram would fit the mother boards posted earlier also which would be a better case haf 922 or antec 900 two

lol i took a guess there thinking that i could run 16x/16x if just ran 2 cards and i wanted to know if the g skill rip jaws which are ram would fit the mother boards posted earlier also which would be a better case haf 922 or antec 900 two

only LGA1366 motherboard will give you true 16/16 setup for sli. im not sure why the rip jaws wouldnt fit? i have a 2x2kit in my GB-P55M-UD4 with no problems...

only LGA1366 motherboard will give you true 16/16 setup for sli. im not sure why the rip jaws wouldnt fit? i have a 2x2kit in my GB-P55M-UD4 with no problems...

ok i guess ill just go for it and risk though im still not sure which motherboard out of the three i listed im going to get.

can anyone answer this i want to go ahead get my mother board already just need to know if this one is good for overclocking.

ok im almost done buying everything all i have left is the case i want a full tower because i saw some at microcenter and thought they looked pretty cool plus it would be future proof if i ever need to change or things to it anyways i found this case made by xclio it got 5 stars but im asking just to make sure if its a reliable case thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103011

just make sure you get plenty of fans

a small case makes it hard for air too flow nicely

nothing wrong with that ram but you should have gotten lower cas timings. for a small jump in cost this would have been the better way to go IMO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303
or these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231321

i wish i would have know that earlier i dont think they will let me exchange it now it says my items have been shipped but what does lower cas timing do and i did not even see those when i was looking for ram yesterday.

Back