• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512MB Stick Hynix BT-D43 @ $105 US !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Capt Fiero,
Does your motherboard give you any more FSB:MEM ratio options that will allow your RAM to run faster than it currently is?
I have an AMD system so I'm not familiar with how much bandwidth the P4 needs, or can use, or how much of a performance penalty would result from running FSB & MEM out of sync.
Could you shed a little light on this Speed_Mechanic2?

Capt Fiero said:
I don't know enough about voltage on ram, I am already at 2.7 if some more experienced people could let me know how much voltage is safe I will crank it up and tighten up the timmings another notch.

Max your ram out at whatever the board can throw at it, 2.8 is safe cause in actual fat it is prolly like 278-2.75. I know that my IS7 needs a vdimm mod so I can go higher than 2.8 cause 2.8 in reality is about 2.75 based on what proggies show in windoze

the D-43 shines with 2.75 plus vdimm, try 7,4,4, 2.5

cisco kid

With this CPU I only get 2 choices, 266 or 333. I think that means I get 1-1 or 5/4 I am already running in 333 mode that should be 5/4 and explains why my ram is running at a faster rate than my FSB is set at. I dont think that there are more settings than what I have already posted. Like i have said, this is a learning experiece for me. Until recently I have always just tossed the ram in and been happy with more quantity. I have not tried to OC or get it to run any faster until recently. I am just happy that I lucked out and got these D43 chips for so cheap.

Cisco Kid said:

Max your ram out at whatever the board can throw at it, 2.8 is safe cause in actual fat it is prolly like 278-2.75. I know that my IS7 needs a vdimm mod so I can go higher than 2.8 cause 2.8 in reality is about 2.75 based on what proggies show in windoze

the D-43 shines with 2.75 plus vdimm, try 7,4,4, 2.5

cisco kid

Wouldnt those timmings be slower than what I am at now. 2-3-3-6 is what I am running right now.

Stick to 2-3-3-6 Capt, Cisco Kid may have been running D43 modules @ much higher speed and needed to relax his timings... but you are running them below spec, so no need to do that.

There is little to gain, and quite possibly some to lose, running memory higher then FSB. That is why it's best to get a new 800 fsb cpu ;) Though a 2.6C isn't cheap at $170-ish.

Back