• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5950X running 43c to 50c idle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

I just upgraded to this cpu.

Cooler is 360 Corsair Aio water temp is 29c i se the pump to 2700k rpm and fans top 1200k.

Is this normal idle temps for this cpu or did i miss some bios settings??

checked the seating its fine

the pump is running

Like what? We have good reasons to believe the way we do, lol! :chair: :cheers:

25C over 19C ambient feels better. 1C over ambient, not so much. But maybe with fans cranked and offsets and....I guess?

For giggles, since yesterday morning when this started, I ran Coretemp minimized. My office sits right around 20C... with 360mm AIO fans perm. set to 'I can't hear them' (like 50%?)... I saw about 6C-9C difference (balanced power mode - default bios settings). It's tall so I put it behind a spoiler tag.

Did the OP (@Mhypertext) get his chip running.....not 4GHz?

I........didn't mean to illicit this type of response. Holy ****. Bruv.... just sharing info. :shrug:

Your 5900X looks 'normal' 6C over ambient. The other one, 1C I just don't think is accurate. Could it be? Sure! But we have differing opinions. It's nothing personal. Wowzas. :(

I........didn't mean to illicit this type of response. Holy ****. Bruv.... just sharing info. :shrug:

Your 5900X looks 'normal' 6C over ambient. The other one, 1C I just don't think is accurate. Could it be? Sure! But we have differing opinions. It's nothing personal. Wowzas. :(
Sorry man, could be because I am in Canada. I dunno bro.

Sorry.

Betcha it’s just the AIO.. in my limited experience all three of my Zen 3 parts run cool, 5900X is 12 core.. gonna be a bear at some point, should be all cuddly when it’s not doing anything. RGB software will keep it busy though.

Betcha it’s just the AIO.. in my limited experience all three of my Zen 3 parts run cool, 5900X is 12 core.. gonna be a bear at some point, should be all cuddly when it’s not doing anything. RGB software will keep it busy though.
Yeah I’ll take the off the sink and see if I just messed up reinstalling it.

I haven't been active on here for a few years but I'm still rolling with AMD's older 59XX series and DDR4.

I've got a 5950X on an open-air bench with custom water cooling (420 rad) as well as a 5900X in a small mini case using a smaller sized Noctua 92mm/4 heat pipe cooler and push/pull fans.

My ambient room temps are ~ 70F/21.11C.

Note:
When using my 5900X setup and doing some simple web browsing/opening new tabs etc. the temps will bounce around from ~40C up to ~60C.

5950X:
2v2e5f9fUxAhvqS.png

5900X:
2v2e5fUiUxAhvqS.png
2v2e5fEeaxAhvqS.png

I just ran this, haven't had my 5900X at stock in many many moons lol..

stock.png

Edit:

I was at least using a curve on my X3D, this is bone stock, minus XMP like memory speed, since they are 3200C14 sticks.

Back