• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60 FPS kok-block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hi, I bought new PC around 3 weeks agoo:
Gtx 1080ti, 7700k CPU and i got an specyfic problem:

All my games are capped at 60 FPS, i've tested:
Witcher 3/ Leauge of legends/ Heroes of the storm/ Ghost Recon.

Of course i tried to set up "no limit" fps in single game, and even after i do it, i still have 60 fps, Can someone give me a tip how to change it?

Is your monitor 60 Hz? If so, most likely you have vsync on. You can turn it off, but it may result in tearing.

You can usually set it per-game in the game graphics settings, but the global override above can do it also.

That means it uses whatever the application (or game) tells it to. So as said, you can change the setting in each game unless you want to override it for everything.

I will turn it off, and lastq estion, what exactly it gives, this "Vertical sync" ? higher performance of graphics, or what?

Vertical sync (Vsync) means that the GPU only renders frames at the refresh rate of your monitor. This can introduce latency, but the picture stays smooth. Turning Vsync off allows the GPU to render as many frames as it can, so there's almost no latency, but the picture can tear when moving quickly.

OP, turn it off and try your games. It's the only way to find out if it'll affect your gameplay. I always kept it off. No tearing/latency here. Luv my fps.

If you set it to FastSync you won't have screen tearing.

You have to do that from the NVIDIA control panel.

With a rig like that i doubt your fps will drop below 60 and with a 60hz monitor i don't see why you feel the need to disable it. Allthough it is nice to look at your fps and see triple digits

With a rig like that i doubt your fps will drop below 60 and with a 60hz monitor i don't see why you feel the need to disable it. Allthough it is nice to look at your fps and see triple digits
As was stated, Vsync can cause latency, especially when your rig is capable of producing triple digit FPS and you cap it at 60.

As was stated, Vsync WILL cause latency, especially when your rig is capable of producing triple digit FPS and you cap it at 60.

The new Fast Sync apparently does much less latency but since it's still fairly new (was supposed to be Pascal only but was added to Maxwell) it should also have its own kinks, try out which one works best for you.

TxgUDmt.jpg

Fast sync is supposed to be a great alternative to Vsync. I dont notice any screen tearing without either of them, so I don't worry about it. It should work well for those that do experience tearing, though.

I don't know, maybe my eyes are bad.

I can't tell the difference between vsync on and off. At all.

I don't have any noticable "screen tearing" in any of the games I play.

At any rate, More power to you. I'd look into a 144 hz monitor if you really want to take advantage of that powerhouse video card.

I saw MUCH difference with my Strix 980 ti and i see it now with my MSI 660 ti, regardless of settings, the tearing was insane with the Strix. vSync always on for me.

Back