• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

61 Degrees too Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes thats quite to hot for an O/Ced cpu. My Max is usally 55C but I like to keep it around 50C. Also if you are running X2 on a DFI check your PWMIC mine runs hot as hell.

doesnt it really depend on the CPU? you should download that MaxCaseTemp program and see what your max temp should be.. oh wait, you have an X2.. yeah, 61C is too hot, and im usually not that worried about temps (what with having my mums barton at 90C+ at one stage, just to see how hot it would get before it got unstable.. it was still perfectly stable at that temp, i just thought "ahhh, no.. shutdown time" lol)

I would drop the volts down a little bit, as they are definately the worst cause of heat in a CPU

Careface*

Yep, too high. Maybe bump down your voltage, or you'd have to give up some OCing speeds for temps. Constant high temps can shorten the life of your CPU.

Back