• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT Glitching and Flickering<Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCrazEist

So heres the deal: I've had my Leadtek 6800GT for about 2 1/2 years now. Recently it quit on me and I had to RMA it. Well the send another one back, brand new I assume. It has a different heat sink than my old one though.

Well, I have been trying out drivers because when I'm playing Call of Duty 2 or Battlefield 2, I get these weird glitches and it is unplayable. I've uploaded a video to show you what I mean.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4572349816388148843

Nvidia's latest drivers do the same thing. I tried the drivers that came with the card on cd, but they were WAY worse. Constantly flickering. Then I rolled way back to 61.77. Same issue. I dont know what to do now. I'm not overclocking the card or my memory or cpu. NOTHING.

Surely they didnt send me a dud? Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks guys.

Okay, I'll give that a try real quick and get back at you.

Yeah, that video shows how pathetic the situation is. It's literally unplayable right now...will post results asap...

Update: Tried those drivers...no luck. Haven't tried card in another system yet. Will do that next. Let ya know how that goes too...

Last edited:
Well no luck there. Let me elaborate a little bit more. I tested the card on another system of mine and had no problem, so it's not the card. So what could be wrong with my computer?

My system that I'm having problems on is:
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
P4 3.4GHz HT
2 x 1024MB PC3200 Mushkin Greenline RAM
X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card
Winfast PVR200 PCI card
dvd burner, cd burner
1 Sata II 320 GB HDD
1 IDE 250GB HDD
of course the Leadtek 6800GT (AGP)
500W PSU
91.47 Nvidia Drivers

The OTHER computer I tested the card in is:
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
P4 2.6
1 Gig ULTRA PC2700 RAM
Generic sound blaster card
dvd burner
1 IDE 200GB HDD
400W PSU
84.21 Nvidia Drivers

^ that OTHER computer gave me no problems with the card. I tested it with Call of Duty 2, which is where I'm seeing the problem (cuz it's what I play).

So now I'm left wondering, what the problem may be. I know I had different drivers on each system, and I will test those 84.21's on this system now. But could there be any other problems? I'll try the 84.21's and post the results.

Okay, I just wanted to update the situation.

After changing hardware back and forth, removing hardware and all different configs, I have finalyl resolved this issue.

It was one of my sticks of RAM. I have isolated which stick and now I'm running on just one, which is okay for now. Mushkin has a lifetime warranty so I'm good there.

I have a quick question, wonder if anyone can help. If i set my RAM to run @ 400MHz, which it should cuz its pc3200, Windows will not boot. If I decrease this to 266MHz or 300 something Mhz, it works fine.

It should be able to run @ 400Mhz. My mobo supports it. and I have a 800MHz fsb CPU, so thats not holding it back. Any ideas why?

It will be able to run at its rated speed provided it has its rated voltage. Try and find out what voltage the ram needs and what your board give it.

For example, my new patriots need 2.7volts to run at its rated DDR400 2,3,2,5 latencys. But by default my board only give 2.6volts to the ram. I can increase it, but im lucky as my ram runs fine at 2.6, yours may not. Grab the part number off the side of the ram and put it into google, you should be able to find the information using that.

Thank you for the reply. I found the product information page.
http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=85

It says its rated for 2.6V at 3-3-3-8 @ 400Mhz. Well in my BIOS, the option is "DDR Reference Voltage" and the options are Auto, then 2.55V then 2.65V and so on. Well I tried setting it to 2.65V, then changing the timings to 3-3-3-8. I saved changes in BIOS, then went to boot windows and it didn't boot.

Any suggestions?

The only suggestion I could give to you is RMA that stick as well until you get something that runs at the rated speed you bought it for. I know I wouldn't keep a part that didn't run at what I bought it for. =x

Back