• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800gt to 6800 ultra - upgrade worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry guys, it was late and for reasons that i probably shouldn't post i wasn'r completely with it last night, I was thinking of the mod for turning 256 MB DDR3 6800 NU's into 6800 GT/ultras depending on cooling (cos the cores are physically all the same) and i probably got it mixed up with the x800 pro having fewer lines than he xt.
I dont normally post such noobish stuff :)

does anyone know if the 6800 le is the same core as the nu/gt/ultra just with soft disabled lines, or is it physically different? cos two of them opened up to 16 pipelines (if it is possible) and oc'ed a bit would make one hell of a budget sli setup

I do it all the time so thier is nothing to say sorry about lol.

My opinion if you really wanan do this then go for it, but i wouldnt do it. Ocing from 350/1.0 to 400/1.1 only gave me like 10fps diff in games. Which can be alot, but if you think going from that to an Ultra which will oc higher then the GT for 5-10fps is worth $1xx then go for it, i dont think its worth it one bit.

CandymanCan said:
I do it all the time so thier is nothing to say sorry about lol.

My opinion if you really wanan do this then go for it, but i wouldnt do it. Ocing from 350/1.0 to 400/1.1 only gave me like 10fps diff in games. Which can be alot, but if you think going from that to an Ultra which will oc higher then the GT for 5-10fps is worth $1xx then go for it, i dont think its worth it one bit.

Good point

Back