• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7.56 GB Usable ram out of 8 GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lust

Running windows 7 Ultimate
Asus P8Z77 Pro

For some reason I am unable to use all 8GB of ram. Is there a way to fix this?

yea im using the IGPU

i just set my ram timings to 8 9 8 24 and now it says only 7gb usable
everytime i try to clock my ram at 1866 mhz my pc wont post/boot

your IGPU is using Ram to run there whould be a option to chose how much it uses 512mb is a good number for the Weak GPU to run on
ifyou want all your 8gb back you need to buy a GPU taht has its own RAM

Notice how in the SPD tab you have under the XMP profile of 800Mhz and some timings? Now look at the memory tab... see how it says 933Mhz? That ram is running way over its spec.

You will likely need to put that ram at 1.65v and raise the timings (or try setting them as the SPD tab shows under XMP) to get to 1866... it may not even be in the cards (it being stable as I can see you booted to that speed now).

this is my first time overclocking
are there any guides for beginners to show how to get a good oc on ram?

I honestly wouldnt bother... unless you trying to play games on your iGPU, raising memory speed yields negligible results really.

That said, its all a game of testing. I mentioned to try 1.65v and manually set the timings to the XMP profile... give that a whirl. Your sticks may not be able to make it that high...

i bought the vengeance kit
2x4gb 1600 mhz 9 9 9 24 1.5 volt

1866 isnt a really big jump lol

It can be... but shouldnt be.

Report back after you trying leaning on the volts a bit and setting the timings manually.

Back