• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$700.00 desktop chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know that R-Mesh is disabled in the FX's? It was not workable at the Mhz of the Vishera cpus. After all the R-Mesh hype before release of Vishera, then it is disabled in the FX cpus.
RGone...

Really now? I hadn't heard this, but that would figure. Maybe they made a breakthrough, would explain how this centurion thing is possible? :shrug:

Well they certainly created some hype with that rumour. The net is just a buzzing.

Like I have already said there is no real path to what we would consider the truth.
This is a newer statement than the one I was referring to earlier.
It truly appears that in light of what we get is almost only hype, I can hear a 5.0Ghz Centurion and know not to hold my breath.
RGone...

While I agree that a 5GHz Vishera running on-air stock is an absurd notion, I do ever so love to speculate as to how they would do it. Richland is a showcase that Vishera still had a fair deal of polishing to be done before its release, so I can't completely rule out the possibility some bored enginner with a perfect chip figured something out :shrug:

I can see the possibility of a 5.0Ghz chip with the Vishera water cooling kit. Doesn't make sense why they would go back to air for a chip that is going to develop more heat and power...

Its entirely possible that it could be a new CPU that utilizes the same piledriver core design. They have made plenty of noise about how the CPUs are under utilized due to a poor frontend design. Considering the statements made by there new CPU designers a few months back this could be a proof of concept to prove the next evolution.

Still im not buying a 700 dollar CPU either way.

^If your theory happens to be right, this $700 piece of silicon might well be the spearhead of a new competitive line...

Few really have an interest in articles like the one below. But this was written 18 mos before release of Bulldozer. Apparently there is information to be found if a lot of digging is done. I am going thru a 51 page thread right now that is far above my real understanding. There are people that have real cpu design knowledge out there. I don't blame them for not participating in general forum chatter.

Most only want to know how it games. How much does it cost and how can I get by for the least monies. We should all know in reality that the cpu we actually see, did not just spring to life, but was in test for years. That is what the article below seems to point out quite well. Some of you may like the insight.
RGone...

AMD's next-gen Bulldozer is a 128-bit crunching monster

Back