• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 750W enough for trifire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So some more testing in furmark and looks like my wattage is topping out at 810w from the outlet. This is under 100% gpu load while running IBT in the background, there seem to be no issues with the setup.

So I am really leaning towards the psu being sufficient for my setup.

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking as well, looks like the consumption is topping out at ~700w. However when playing BF3 and other games the consumption stays around ~550w at the outlet. But I have to say the scaling is not the best, my 5970 was 95-100% all the time on both cores. Now I run 70-90% usage across 3 in bf3 and I get major microstutter. Also the game crashes like crazy now...

^^ Maybe I am exaggerating a bit I only had 1 crash and 1 ctd, but a single card is definitely a better route. I definitely saw a huge improvement in fps, the only real issue for me atm is the microstuttering which can definitely be remedied by tweaking some drivers(I only really troubleshot for 20-30mins).

But hey if I could get a single card that could put out the performance of a 3x580 sli setup I would...

looks like the 5xxx series is about 150-200 watts, so with you drawing 580-630 watts (I did not check your work) already the answer is no. You need another power supply, I would recommend a 900+watt unit. Seasonic is great, so is corsair or antec

I also recommend the Antec. Very reliable for long periods of time.

Back