• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600GT Overclocking - Full System Freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedragn

Anyone else with a 7600GT having this problem? atitool keeps locking up at around 612mhz core, and in coolbits it wont even complete an optimal frequency detection, just freezes up on "testing settings", i also tried it at 600core and it made it half way through the first test in 3dmark 05, then the system froze. Don't these things usually artifact before locking up the system? :S

Haven't seen anything like this b4, im not going to try any volt mods or anything crazy right now because i am on stock cooling, i'm also not upgrading my cooling anytime soon either, because the stock clocks are more than enough to play what i want right now. Thx in advance for any replies.

check the load temps, but apart from that back off the clocks untill it stops locking. The fact you don't need to overclock it is good though. My geforce ti4400 used to just lock up and never artifact, i thought that was the norm untill my latest round of graphics cards.

Well, my 7600GT wont exceed 595Mhz core, any higher than that, and i get massive artifacting and usually require a reboot. These cores are already pushed pretty high, and the likelyhoof of hitting 600Mhz or higher isnt guaranteed.

However, whats your power supply like - is it giving enough juice to the PCIe slots?

fordsierra4x4 said:
Well, my 7600GT wont exceed 595Mhz core, any higher than that, and i get massive artifacting and usually require a reboot. These cores are already pushed pretty high, and the likelyhoof of hitting 600Mhz or higher isnt guaranteed.

However, whats your power supply like - is it giving enough juice to the PCIe slots?

PSU is in my sig, Ultra X-Connect 500Watt, has more than enough juice.

I sent my 7600GT because of the same problem, except it happened at stock clocks. Went with a 7900GT KO and couldn't be happier, EVGAs new cooler is WAY better than reference.

I think it is just a hitch with these cores. I don't have problems with artifacts unless I push the memory speed past 1.6 GHz, and the core will freeze up when it goes past 630 MHz. Considering most of these are already pre-overclocked past the 550/1400 reference specs, I think it's already pushing its limits.

By the way guys, what drivers are you using? I was on 84.56's but it will lock up the system sometimes. Got rid of it and ran 84.37 without any problems.

Last edited:
Back