• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7770 or 5830

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Same here, Case has red lights / red LED fans, Keyboard Logitech G110 back lit red. getting some red vengeance RAM. New GPU i think is black or gray.

New Motherboard will be the odd one, its brown, or gold i think (Sabertooth) that will look strange....

It's too bad nobody makes motherboards like that awesome white and red motherboard Sapphire made back in the day.

Attachments

• sapphire.jpg
    sapphire.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 132
eww..... no sorry that's a bit garish, i think the white board would work better if the print on it was black and the plastic components more red, less pink. :)

Your running a 5770 at 990 clock? nice, i could not get mine over 940 without boiling it, was a good solid GPU that tho...

PS: i ram my memory at 1340 :p

Someone made a oneoff or a brief series on.... lga1156? I think it was 1156, might have been 1366.
Pretty garish.

eww..... no sorry that's a bit garish, i think the white board would work better if the print on it was black and the plastic components more red, less pink. :)

Your running a 5770 at 990 clock? nice, i could not get mine over 940 without boiling it, was a good solid GPU that tho...

PS: i ram my memory at 1340 :p

Yeah, it is kind of pink but that's because it's UV red. I once sleeved a PSU with UV red sleeving and it ended up looking like a pepto bismol water loop. That board looks a lot better under more natural light. There's a review on TechPowerUp with tons of pictures under more natural lighting.

If I had a better cooler I'm sure I could take this 5770 to 1050 or more. It's a ATI branded card pulled from a Dell with the stock bat mobile cooler on it. Right now with a steep fan curve in Afterburner it hovers around 70° under gaming with the fan at around 90-95%. Under OCCT it gets up to 75 or 76° with the fan at 100%. Any hotter than that and it throws errors in OCCT no matter what clocks I have set so it's hard to do any real stability tests when it's going to throw errors from hitting the thermal limit. I think the voltage limit on these things is 1.35 so I still have a ways to go if I had a better cooler to keep the heat under control. I had the memory running at 1400 but I started having problems with the screen flickering every now and then and dropping the memory clocks a little fixed that.

Back